• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question for gear heads on the 6B6 vs 6D3 engine rotor

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to have one of my motors rebuilt in my 2005 AR230HO. Long story short: it was an issue with the ECU sticking an injector open. This was before the flyboarding. Bought a 2007 FXHO and pulled the motor and stuffed it into the boat and has been excellent for 2 years flyboarding so far.

I finally got the old motor back and it won't start, just back fires like the timing is off. I checked: the cam timing and that is good, bad fuel replaced, injectors replaced, plugs replaced. So, I thought, maybe the woodruff key broke (I know its a new rebuild). While pulling the Rotor off I noticed it was for a 6D3, not a 6B6 engine. I checked the part numbers and they are different, any idea if the 6D3 is different on timing than the 6B6? My guess is, this is my issue and need them to send me the correct rotor?

Thanks for any help!

Did some more research and they are different, so I answered my own question.

Back