• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question for those with a Hydrohoistlift

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we just recently bought a lot in a waterfront community that comes with a boat slip in the communities private marina about 100 yards from the lot. The previous owner already has a hydrohoist lift installed I'm unsure of the age but have been assured it works and they have been storing their boat on it but have not used it since last season. I plan to build on the lot this fall but will start using the slip and lift this year versus paying for the other marina I use. Any advise on what I should check out on the lift before putting the boat there? Should I call an authorized dealer and have it inspected or any other maintenance items I should just go ahead and address up front such as possibly replacing the bunks? Also this is not a covered slip I do have the Yamaha mooring cover but I know its not 100% waterproof should I go ahead and invest in getting another cover made from Sunbrella now to assist with this?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase. I don’t have a lift but I do keep my boat in a uncovered slip. I use the Yamaha deluxe cover. I treated the cover in with fabric guard from a pump sprayer. Boat stays dry and the cover seems to be holding ip well. The cover gets stuffed in the port bow storage and goes with me so not sure if I would ever get one made of sunbrella as I think it would be thicker and heavier. If you do go that route please let us know how it turns out.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Yamaha covers are notorious for disintegrating after 5+ years, so you could just wait and plan to replace it after it wears out.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like a nice lot. There's really not a lot that can go wrong with these lifts. I would just inspect the bunks, brackets, and check the lines and fittings for leaks and you should be ok. I purchased a used Rhinohoist lift and haven't had any issues out of it. I used the tan Yamaha cover and it's OK. I want the nicer black cover but can't justify the cost until this one wears out. You will love the lift. Keeps bottom of boat clean and free from water damage.

IMG_5773.JPG IMG_5776.JPG

mtnv900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
make sure the bunks on the lift are setup for a v bottom boat and are spaced apart properly. I set my lift bunks to mimic what the spacing is on the trailer. If the bunks are spaced too far apart the bottom of the boat will hit the framing on the tank. Make sure you take it slow the first time you lift it out of the water. You'll love the lift hydro hoist is a good lift.

Venkman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a hydrohoist and they are great and basically maintenance free, I would just check the hoses and the hose clamps just to make sure not too corroded. I had a hose clamp fail allowing the hose to leak, probably would have came off if I would have tried to lift again. Also make sure to tie off when on lift because of course anything can happen, I have had nightmares of the lift leaking over night to come back to a boat floating aimlessly down the lake.

As someone already mentioned check the bunks, I would be worried if it is out in the elements of dry rot under the carpet, I

I always set my ropes on the sides so when attached and with a tight line the boat is basically in ideal lift position.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have not been down to inspect it. Here are some pics of course there is discoloration from our lovely brackish water but honestly if I left my boat in the water for a week straight the bottom turns brown. only thing that looks strange in the pics is the bunk boards almost look curved but it almost looks intentional is this normal? I may call a dealer and have them come inspect it and set it up for my boat unless you guys just think that's a waste. below are some pics from the listing.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks fine. They are just tubes that hold air. But as mentioned, always tie off! It's not uncommon to pop a fitting and drop a corner.