• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question regarding steering linkage?

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Good evening jet boat hive. Quick question I just recently had my boat repaired at the dealership. If you recall from a previous post, I ingested a large piece of plastic it that the impala short story the dealer did a great job turning the boat around in a little over a week and a half I noticed on a post-run inspection when I went to open the drain plug of course I got a ton of water out, but I also noticed it look like one of these linkages is broken this was the same port motor that the impala was replaced is this something that the mechanic did? Please see the images. I assume it is a steering linkage though I do have the 252 SD. Again I am only asking because I assume they would have taken that linkage off to replace the impeller. I do not I did not hit anything today in the water today first day on the water since I got the boat back from the dealership the two images of said linkage port jet pump which has an impeller replaced at dealership past week and the one point if my starboard linkage for comparison

Attachments

• 39B34711-62CD-4863-A4B4-5041830B668D.jpeg
    39B34711-62CD-4863-A4B4-5041830B668D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • C7E86956-EBDC-4DAD-85EE-9A3296CAD5B6.jpeg
    C7E86956-EBDC-4DAD-85EE-9A3296CAD5B6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 71565E34-D7E7-4A3C-A8C3-DDC59FCDFC80.jpeg
    71565E34-D7E7-4A3C-A8C3-DDC59FCDFC80.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
It doesn't look like there is anything broken. Just push the black rubber seal back on where the cable housing comes out. They do not need to take that off to change the impeller, they disconnect it at the nozzle. I'm just going by what I see. I just put my pumps back in last week.

As @RobbieO mentioned it just pushes on. Crap design if you want my opinion. That is where the corrosion started on mine at that flimsy boot. The reason I had to replace my steering cables, water got in there and corrosion started. I fully wax mine on the outside now and have stainless steel small hose clamps holding the boot on. I am not taking another chance.

Is this normal with a boat that has just 15 hours on it?

That outer piece of metal tubing should be pushed back into the hole at the transom and that rubber boot should be on the outside of each piece to seal it.

Back