• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse bucket linkage rubber seal

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I noticed there is more than one type of Yamalube. I just ordered the one that says Maintenance: Silicone Protectant & Lubricant.
I squirt lower unit oil into my steering cable with low pressure from an air compressor.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I noticed there is more than one type of Yamalube. I just ordered the one that says Maintenance: Silicone Protectant & Lubricant.
That's the good stuff. Use that to spray anything and everything including your trailer tongue parts, your oring on your plug, your cleanout plugs, your linkages and bucket hardware, your throttle and steering linkages, etc.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I was just told by the dealer that Yamaha considers cables to be wearable items are therefore not covered under the YES warranty.
Excuse my quickness and poor photography as I’m at work, but you’re dealing with the same bullshit I did on my steering cable for my 22 SX195. I even called Yamaha in Tennessee and validated the warranty on cables is covered under the component warranty. The dealer is jerking you around like they did me. I ended up finding the steering cable number from another member on this site and got in touch with the manufacturer who made and mailed me my new cable under warranty. I went around the dealer and did it myself.
IMG_3707.jpegIMG_3708.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My dealer denied a warranty claim under YES for the cables too.

I threw my old cable away, wishing I’d have saved the rubber boots now.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Excuse my quickness and poor photography as I’m at work, but you’re dealing with the same bullshit I did on my steering cable for my 22 SX195. I even called Yamaha in Tennessee and validated the warranty on cables is covered under the component warranty. The dealer is jerking you around like they did me. I ended up finding the steering cable number from another member on this site and got in touch with the manufacturer who made and mailed me my new cable under warranty. I went around the dealer and did it myself.
View attachment 205893View attachment 205894
That’s the base warranty right? Not the extended one?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That’s the base warranty right? Not the extended one?
Correct. That’s the standard, non additional YES warranty. Once I knew what my steering cable number was, I contacted SeaStar with my bill of sale showing date of purchase. From there they handled everything else. Best thing you could do IMO, lift the fuel cell deck hatch, and find out what cable # is marked on the cables. My steering cable is SSC16015. That’s how they knew what cable to send since I didn’t go through my Yamaha dealer. Once I got the cable, they dealer refused to put it in since it came from the manufacturer and didn’t have the Yamaha OEM box and label. Basically how Yamaha explained it to me, SeaStar sends the cables to Yamaha, who then boxes them in their own Yamaha box and now you have a “Genuine Yamaha OEM Part”.

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I contacted Yamaha with this information and was told the cables would be covered under the components section of the base warranty, not the YES warranty. I was given a SR# which I forwarded to my dealer. Just waiting to hear back from them.

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I contacted Yamaha with this information and was told the cables would be covered under the components section of the base warranty, not the YES warranty. I was given a SR# which I forwarded to my dealer. Just waiting to hear back from them.
Just following up. I picked up my 2021 Yamaha 195S today after having the reverse cable replaced under warranty. Not YES, it was covered under the 3 year components warranty that comes with all new boats. Hopefully this info will help the next person.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just following up. I picked up my 2021 Yamaha 195S today after having the reverse cable replaced under warranty. Not YES, it was covered under the 3 year components warranty that comes with all new boats. Hopefully this info will help the next person.
Awesome, glad it worked out and they did right by you!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did anyone ever try heat shrink tape to seal the rubber boots I have used it in similar situations pretty strong worth trying if you don't have a warranty to cover it and yes the toilet ring bees wax is something I have been using in marine applications for about 40 years