• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

questions about 4.3" connext

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Im still waiting on a sx195 pre order... doing some research and I cant find much info about the small Connext. What does the 4.3" connext come with? GPS, can I add lake maps to it? If it does not have these fetures. Can I use my cell phone? can someone recomend a usfull app?

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sorry, picking mine up tomorrow and maybe I can let you know more as I learn myself.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sorry, picking mine up tomorrow and maybe I can let you know more as I learn myself.
Happy for you man. Post some pics of your new boat when you get time.

JackinHS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My 2021 AR195 has this screen. You cannot add maps to it. I'm looking for a portable GPS unit to put in the phone holder.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a SX195 with the 4.3" connext, and it doesn't have GPS or maps... it displays speed, fuel %, water temp, depth, engine hours, has some maintenance features, and displays a couple of other engine/boat parameters... As for as using your phone with it, that is a no... the stereo that comes in the boat has blue tooth and you can connect your phone to that to play music, but that is about it.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
My 2021 AR195 has this screen. You cannot add maps to it. I'm looking for a portable GPS unit to put in the phone holder.
Thats a great idea. Are the portable GPS units better than a cell phone app?

JackinHS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've not found a good cell phone app, yet. That's why I started looking at the portable GPS units. I'm thinking the Garmin GPSMAP 78sc. With Lakevue maps through Garmin, it's about $400.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Lowrance Hook 5 (5.0" Screen with lakeview maps,) - $350.00 has woked perfect for past 3 years, get a suction mount kit from "Ram Mounts" and you can mount it anywhere.
The 5.0" screen is great for viewing

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm using the Garmin 78SC - Mounted on the Dash and wired it off the cigarette lighter :)

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I prefer Navionics app on my phone than my hardwired Garmin, only thing you give up is actual depth reading.

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I prefer Navionics app on my phone than my hardwired Garmin, only thing you give up is actual depth reading.
I had trouble with the Navionics App - didn't 'follow me' so lots of pinch and zoom and cell service is spotty out on the lake. Felt like this was a better low cost alternative - unit was like $250 - $30 Mount and $20 Cord. I don't have a transducer, so no hole drilling either :)

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had trouble with the Navionics App - didn't 'follow me' so lots of pinch and zoom and cell service is spotty out on the lake. Felt like this was a better low cost alternative - unit was like $250 - $30 Mount and $20 Cord. I don't have a transducer, so no hole drilling either :)
Shouldn't be using cell service it works off the phones internal GPS (if the phone has one like Samsung does) that maybe was the reason you had spotty service. Good luck!!

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree with @Gunner , my Moto G works amazing with navionics app. I can even leave it in airplane mode and it still works great.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had my phone turn off due to the heat from the direct sunlight. Haven't had that issue with my Humminbird Helix with GPS.

Attachments

Last edited:

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agree with @Gunner , my Moto G works amazing with navionics app. I can even leave it in airplane mode and it still works great.
How did you get the navionics app to 'follow' you? I had to constantly zoom or scroll to see where I was...I was using Samsung tablet

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you get the navionics app to 'follow' you? I had to constantly zoom or scroll to see where I was...I was using Samsung tablet
I didn't have to do anything, it just follows me just as if I was using the maps app for vehicle navigation.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here just worked like it was supposed to on Samsung phone, never had heat issue and never a problem seeing the screen in direct sun. I like the Garmin, but I find the Navionics more detailed and user friendly. Its nice having both.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Todd Kyle I had the same issue the first few times I used Navionics as well. Was getting pretty frustrated since I was navigating a river with a channel and by dumb luck I figured out you have to click the bottom left (circled in the picture) and the map will follow you.

Attachments

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In addition to my Helix GPS I also use the Argo Nav app on my phone. The search feature does a good job finding restaurants and marinas on the water.