• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick fender hangers.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a couple winter upgrades, I put in two USB charging ports with the the volt meters that some of you folks have done thanks for the tip. I also installed six Accon Marine 1" fender quick release mounts. The ring portion snaps right in and you just pull the little tab to the left to release it. They are all SS. They charge $17 dollars for shipping so get everything you want the first time. I bought 4 then decided to get two extra rings for extra larger fenders when I tie up w my daughter, then I decided to put six mounts on the boat so I ended up getting two more sets needless to say financially it wasn't a good representation of my heritage. The mount sets are $35 a piece the rings alone are $13. I used 1/4" cutting board pieces for backing plates for the front and rear ones w 5200 in case I ever have to take one off it will stay in place. The middle one is about 12" behind the middle cleat so I couldn't access the inside of the hull. The front ones are a tad forward a bit because I went behind the speakers to get the backing plates on. The rear ones I went through the deck seat back storage area to get to the inside hull. They are very nice and will deploy your fenders fast and easy. I don't recall anyone mentioning these so I figured I'd throw it out there in case somebody is interested. IMG_0065.JPG

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice. Interesting idea. I haven't seen those either.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw these at the NYC boat show last year and bought a pair of them on Amazon. I still have one.

They work well but are easy to lose. The first time I removed a fender the FenderGrip slid right off the rope and sank to the bottom of the bay. Now I tie a knot between the two holes but that kind of defeats the purpose of having an easily adjustable fender line.

https://www.amazon.com/New-World-Marine-Inc-Fendergrip/dp/B0000BYQ13/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1516738922&sr=1-1&keywords=fendergrip

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0066.JPG The post is more about the mounts than the fender grips which can slide a little I tied the end of the rope to the fender.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a clove hitch Works every time!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Weeb is it just me or does your picture of a clove hitch look like you are “giving the finger” to us guys that buy a bunch of devices to make fender hanging easier? I have tried a bunch of unsuccessful fender hanging devices, because I don’t like drilling holes in the boat. I am working on my clove hitch skills now ...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Clove hitch is great. I hang one fender off my tower pin wrapped up and over inside of it. Another off the midship cleat and the last one off the bow rail. Tower and midship are both preset quick loop where Injust add another wrap to make it higher. Bow rail is one of those adjustable velcro things that comes with the yamaha fender package. Clove hitch is always an alternative if needed so have to say the quick fender hangers are not something that most folks need but might make it easier for crew that have a hard time with knots with other methods. I taught my crew and they get it done quickly with no problem.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Weeb is it just me or does your picture of a clove hitch look like you are “giving the finger” to us guys that buy a bunch of devices to make fender hanging easier? I have tried a bunch of unsuccessful fender hanging devices, because I don’t like drilling holes in the boat. I am working on my clove hitch skills now ...
Lol no I will have to place that honor with @gthh

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doing the same! Two on a side thinking one under the tower base and one under the front rail.
I would think about moving the the one Under the tower back about a foot. The first two times I went out I had the back fender tied to the tower the second time when I pulled up to the boat ramp dock and swung the back in the bumper was to far forward and I scratched my rear decal a little. My hanger is installed perfect if I have to swing the back in do to wind or something. Some more experienced people her might want to chime in if I'm wrong as I've only been out three times on this boat. Those hangers mount from the back so if you move back a little you can get to the inside of the hull through the deck seat back storage.

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a black boat like yours (mines SX210) and the same fenders. After using them a few time and having scratches all over my gelcoat on the black paint I got those soft covers that go over the fenders at West Marine. Has worked like a champ and no scratching since. Have you experienced marking on the black with the fenders?

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No I haven't had any scratching, are your fenders clean? Dirt is the only reason that I could think of that would make them scratch

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No I haven't had any scratching, are your fenders clean? Dirt is the only reason that I could think of that would make them scratch
They were brand new and clean. The soft covers were the fix for me. I wouldn’t go back to naked but glad they are working good for you!

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Might have to check into the covers as a preventive measure, plus I think they look classy!