• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick fender hangers.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Might have to check into the covers as a preventive measure, plus I think they look classy!
B3D28ED1-CB94-4EEE-8203-04DF72D9A648.jpeg 5DF2E30C-5254-40D0-8251-522DB2FBE323.jpeg

I was shocked at how much fender covers cost so I just made some covers for my fenders out of non-maring wetsuit material (3mm neoprene) came out great and I love them. Used heavy duty marine thread and a tight locking stretch stitch. Parachute cord for the draws so they won’t fall off. The fleece covers that are on the market get soaked and they stretch over time. The neoprene ones I just made are naturally hydrophobic and have more cushion. I think they will hold up better much over time.

I will be offering the ones I am making for sale on here very soon at basically the same price point as the fleece ones on the market today. I will offer them for 4.5, 6.5, and 8.5 and diameter fenders which are all standard sizes and lengths. They will fit through hole and normal stlye. I may also make some fleece type ones out of triple thick under armour stretch type material at a cheaper price if there is intrest but those will soak up water like fleece ones.

I will update this post in the next couple of weeks when available.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If anyone is looking for some quick detach hangers I have a set of these that I purchased for my old Chaparral and never used them.

https://m.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Taco-Stainless-Steel-Quick-Release-Fender-Lock&i=320775&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlebase&s_kwcid=googlepla&cvsfa=2587&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=333230373735&s_kwcid=adwords__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0YKS78jp2QIV2kwNCh3uCQ2-EAQYAyABEgK9TvD_BwE

20180313_100215.jpg

I was about to post them in the classified section but thought I would mention them here since they were being discussed.

2 for 1 pricing ($50) and free shipping anywhere in the US on them.

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would love to hear how well (or not so well) the suction cup tie downs work. Seems like a great idea if they actually stay in place.
I haven't been able to get to the water yet with them, but I did put them on in the driveway. They hold pretty well if you remember to remove the clear protective film from the cup. I pulled on them pretty hard to simulate 2 boats rubbing together and they held strong. I'll hopefully get to test them out this weekend weather permitting.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm using fender grips also. Work ok but not the tightest hold

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It doesn't seem to slip by itself, So far that has been fine. I just wonder over time if the hold will get weaker.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The fender grips could definitely use a little more pressure on the rope. I find they work best if their snugged up against what ever is holding the rope like the cleat or other type of holder.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use the clove-hitch method over the bow rails. in the middle and on the stern, I use a fender tender and hang it over the window frame/tower frame.

When leaving the boat in the slip for a couple of weeks at a time, I use one of the fenders without the tenders on them and tie them through the mid-ship cleat. One time I hung some fenders off of the tower support and they didn't scratch the boat as much as stretch the decals on it. Now I just use one fender on the mid-ship cleat (we have no wave action in at my slip).

One other thing I did a couple of years ago was I now have 4 white and two blue fenders. the blue ones are set for the middle, the white ones with clips go to the stern and the ones without a clip go to the bow. I've found this makes it WAY easier on the crew as they know where fenders go based on color.