• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ramp N Clamp

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@VONCE, I'm keeping the bb ii as a spare, I've been using it for over 4 seasons now at least. To complete my recommendation, ramp n clamp if cost is not a factor, otherwise bb ii.

Here is a link to a video of the auto boat loader in action, there are many other videos available detailing the components and install. I have only seen it in videos and no idea what it costs but suspect it's around $600 for just the parts.

Wouldn't work well on our boats....and doesn't look ideal on that boat. You would have to be too deep to self center to allow for light to moderate winching.....and if it could aggressively winch the bow eye isn't designed for that.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just went to the Ramp N Clamp site to order and saw this: Not compatible with Yamaha 242 boats or boats with scuff plates or hull steps / ridges in front of the bow eye. The boat hull must be smooth in front of the bow eye. :(

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just went to the Ramp N Clamp site to order and saw this: Not compatible with Yamaha 242 boats or boats with scuff plates or hull steps / ridges in front of the bow eye. The boat hull must be smooth in front of the bow eye. :(
I believe people used them at first and it scratched their boats.

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's right. I bought mine right around the time that came to light and the seller gave me a full refund. He said he was working on a compatible design for 242's but I guess he never found a solution.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got mine used from a member here who said it was designed to work with shorelander trailers so I thought it may not work for me on my mfi trailer. So far I can't see any problems with it but need to see if it snags anything when I launch the boat next.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a string that describes what models fit various boats and trailers. There is a link to another thread describing the problem with early 240 series hulls. Basically, the clamp sometimes bends down/forward when the boat is recovered and the bare metal of the frame or the bow stop scratches the hull. Also If you have a scuff guard the ramp n clamp may catch the edge of the guard and bend it.

I don't think I can have the problem of having the Ramp m clamp fold down since mine is already tilted as far down as possible (the bow stop wings are touching the plastic of the ramp and clamp and blocking it from tilting forward anymore). I will find out this weekend if launching will be a problem, I hope not but will bring my boat buddy II and tools with me just in case.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/shout-out-to-the-best-upgrade-ever-to-my-trailer-ramp-n-clamp.3068/page-3

I am having a hard time believing that I'm the only person who can use this thing on a 240 series hull Without damaging the hill but would not mind and would be proud if this turns out to be the case.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I took another look at the ramp n clamp and don't see anyway that it could tilt forward enough to expose the metal at the back of the device frame or the bow stop to make contact with the hull. The RNC is already tilted as far as it can go.
IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

I may shave a little material off of the top to reduce the risk that the RNC catches the edge of my scuff plate and will probably reinstall the scuff plate to make the fit tighter all the way around.
IMG_0573.JPG
By the way, I have the 503sh version of the RNC mount to a 2o10 MFI trailer used to haul a 2010 242 ls.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
E884F997-058F-4524-9E0C-A765F0C49FD2.jpeg 597CA57F-D41F-4C9D-A62E-415E8241F500.jpeg B2867732-D30D-40C9-8BF1-181CC47B05FD.jpeg
E7FD0604-1B30-4096-AF6D-665C7CB6E616.jpeg
Update: I didn’t have the speed on the first attempt to lock into the ramp n clamp on recovery yesterday. The second attempt was successful but I must have come in off center as I noticed that a chunk of the ramp n clamp plastic cover broke off and got caught in the locking mechanism. See the part above the winch hook in the pics (last pic best shows the piece that broke off). I’ve replaced several boat buddy 2 covers in the past for $35ish each. I hope ramp n clamp sells there cover separately and at a fair price as well.

Last edited: