• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SHOUT OUT to the best upgrade ever to my trailer - Ramp-N-Clamp

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The MFI trailer will use Ramp-N-Clamp Model 502SH

Thanks.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the 500M front-handle an alternate option? What are the pros/cons between front-handle and side-handle?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This looks interesting to me as well. After hearing the pros and cons from our member's usage, I may be in the market next spring.

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They both operate exactly the same. The only reason we developed the side handle was because the front handle interfered with the trailer or winch spool on so many trailers. We did this at the request of many trailer manufacturers.

The 500M only works with rectangle bar trailer uprights with at least 6" of clearance for the handle.

Last edited:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So I like this mod and was thinking about it yesterday as I was loading my boat on the trailer. Thing that jumped out to me was its rare I get the bow eye all the way up to the rollers without serious power loading. Does this mod take that into account by making a lower attachment point?

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good question. The trailer manufacturers want the boat as close to the front roller as possible because all of the trailer geometry is set up for that point. The RampNClamp catch point is 2" from mounting bolt center and a roller is 1 to 1.5" from mounting bolt center. So the catch point is slightly "lower".

I hope that answers your question.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My MasterCraft came with a BoatBuddy on the trailer. At first I really liked it a lot. But I always had to hit the bow stop firmly to get the thing to latch on. Eventually, the pin in the BoatBuddy bent and became very difficult to operate and was unreliable. After replacing the BoatBuddy twice, I gave up on it and went back to standard roller+winch strap.

This Ramp-N-Clamp seems to be the same idea, but a better implementation. Its not exactly clear from the website or the videos how its different. It looks like you power up to it the same way as the BoatBuddy and sometimes that can be a bit of a hard hit. But if it really does address the shortcomings of the BoatBuddy then I think it would be a great thing to have. Since I can't see one in person, I'd like to know a bit more specifically about how its difference from a BoatBuddy.

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 lbs of Stoltz Urethane instead of plastic.
4lbs of stainless steel instead of 1lb
Rotating cam instead of a firing pin
Two years of validation from multiple engineers
Two bent trailers from hitting the winch post at 10 mph
50 test units used in every condition imaginable
A desire from all involved to improve over the previous latch

There are some pictures of the mechanical "guts" on our website. I know this is the wrong forum but on Teamtalk we have answered hundreds of questions. It makes for some decent reading.

Thanks.

Last edited:

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have MFI trailer for 212X. I see that requires a 502SH part.
For those that have done this mod. can you detail the install and bow hook replacement by steps? Any pics of install during the process? It's prob not too hard, I just like a 'guide dog' for ease.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank God somebody has used Stoltz urethane and not got the cheap route and used plastic that marks up the hull every time you load and unload. Kudos to @Ramp-N-Clamp !
I might go with this product on a Mastercraft trailer that presently has that nasty grey plastic 'buddy'.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trying to purchase one but keep getting an error on checkout. If I am able to complete it I'll let you guys know how it works out for us!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@steined I had the same issue but emailed him. He responded extremely fast and fixed the website. Good luck

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@steined , be sure and let us know how this works once you've used it. Anything that improves loading/unloading can't be a bad thing when you do it by yourself.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
X2, my boat buddy 2 is currently/still in good shape but that can change at anytime/with one misaligned recovery.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK it's in the mail and he's a fellow Kentuckian so it should be a quick ship! I'll keep you guys posted. I'm hopeful!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well that was quick. I got it today!! I am WFB (Work From Boat) today and put it on after I launched it. I couldn't get all the washers in between the posts on my trailer but i put it on the outside under the stolz urethane stuff.

We'll see how it goes! Took about 5 minutes to install it!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got an email from Joe
He is offering a 20% discount for the forum
discount code - jetboat20
@Ramp-N-Clamp
When I try to use this code it says....
Coupon code "jetboat20" is not valid.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK a caution to everyone. The kit come with a new bow eye. In a rush to get on the water I didn't even see the new bow eye. Don't make this mistake. It will cost you an hour of agony.

You should have some life caulk handy to install the new bow eye. The bow rye uses 3/4 nuts same as bow roller and ramp and clamp.

The new bow eye is longer and allows for the ramp and clamp to engage and the safety chain and roller strap.

As a caution, it will clamp to the stock bow eye, but good luck getting a safety chain on. Since it was prime time at the ramp I just drove it the 1 mile home and Un bolted the bow eye, replaced it, then put the Stolz back on until next launch attempt.

Live and learn!

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please read the instructions and install the extended bow eye. Everything should be good to go after that. We now have almost 600 of these in operation.