• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SHOUT OUT to the best upgrade ever to my trailer - Ramp-N-Clamp

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@buckbuck yes. i believe their first design worked with that type of trailer. maybe not the MFI, but similar in design. Joe at Ramp-n-clamp is good about emailing if you have any questions just to make sure... he has a few different designs for different trailers. rampnclamp@gmail.com

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is awesome. Perfect help for those of us that launch alone. Now just to figure out which one is compatible.......

Thanks for the review!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
20% off.....I guess it is a no brainer now.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Joe at Ramp-N-Clamp has been hard at work to develop this lock and load roller for the shorlander trailers. He already has Mastercraft using them on production trailers, but he had to modify the location of the catch and release lever to be compatible with the shorlander trailer
I first purchased the first production, not knowing it would not work with my trailer.
I finally am able to put the product to the test first hand and it is by far the best upgrade anyone can make to their trailer. The ease of the product is amazing. No more winching up and putting pressure on the bow hook. Just put the lever in the catch position and the boat will slide on engaging the lock around the bow hook. Releasing is just the opposite. Fantastic product and i Highly Recommend. Holds up to 6500 lbs
www.ramp-n-clamp.com
or you can view a great conversation about it at mastercraft's team talk... just google ramp-n-clamp to see videos of product and website
i am just an average guy... just letting others know of a great product

View attachment 9881 View attachment 9882 View attachment 9883 View attachment 9884 View attachment 9885 View attachment 9886

How hard was the install? What did you need to do to attach it?

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Volffas tools you will need would be a wrench and a socket. You will need to have the boat about 12" back off the trailer to be able to install. This is because the ramp-n-clamp sticks down lower than a roller does.
It is as simple as taking the old roller off and using provided bolt, washers and nut to install. The hardest part is replacing the bow eye hook. I had to beat mine out with a hammer, but it was not too bad. You are provided a new hook. The new hook is longer than the stock one. It has to be longer to fit in the clamp. I did replace my hook while on the trailer at my house, so that step saved me some time before i got to the lake. As far as the ramp n clam itself... it took all of about 5 minutes to install.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is very appealing. Right now I have to get wet at the ramp due to the 6.5ft bed and shallow angle ramp. With this we could just drive up latch, grab the safety chain, and pull away. Does this make it hard to grab the chain from inside the boat?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@CAM212SS I just tried to order but said the code was not valid. I emailed Joe and waiting a reply. Hopefully he will be able to fix the problem.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just put in an order with the code and it works, make sure you don't have a space at the end or start, I did at first and the code didn't work. Cleared out the space and discount was applied.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Crap....Going to have to do this one. My wife is intimidated by the hook and winch because she's afraid to get her fingers up in there. So I end up sitting at about 6K rpm and running up and hooking it so it doesn't slip off. People stare like I'm insane but it's all I can do.

I'll have to get some pics of my custom trailer and see if they think it will work ok.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah I emailed him and he responded super fast. He corrected the site. It worked!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol @Big Shasta !! I've been loading like that since day one. People often look at me strange when I load. I'm not sure if it's because I walk away from the throttles for 20 seconds while in forward or how insanely quick I load, winch and pull out all by myself.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also curious about install on MFI trailer. Looks like great product

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This looks great. I just don't know what trailer I have. It's the galvanized one that came with a 2008 SX230. We need to take the bow hook off? Is that a PITA? Or is there easy access to the bow hook? Will this work on this trailer? Seems like a no brainer at 30 bucks off the list price with that discount. Thanks for the input, as always!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie it does work a lot like the boat buddy, but after reading every post on the mastercraft forum (47 pages worth) every one says the ramp-n-clamp is far superior than the boat buddy. quality / construction / no scuffing etc
I may replace my boat buddy ii with this, when it wears out and if your reviews are still positive a year or more from now. Looking more closely at the pics it looks like a boat buddy made of hard plastic like similar to that of red snapper (think boat buddy / ramp and clamp with a remote activated release/trigger) and the release/trigger is easier to operate because of the way it is oriented compared to boat buddy ii. Some else for me to consider is that in at least the 2005/2006 timeframe my local Mastercraft Dealership used to supply boat buddy iis with all of its new mastercraft trailers (and they carried replacement covers for them as well).

Installation sounds very similar to that of the boat buddy ii. That said, it is easy to install on the trailer if the boat is off the trailer or at least not putting pressure on the bow stop but with the mfi trailer I simply removed the single bolt that secures the bow stop to the trailer frame, slid the bow stop (after removing the roller) up and off, before replacing it with a boat buddy ii (twice now) and reinstalling the bow stop, all with the bow putting pressure on the bow stop (which is easily removed by pulling the roller out of the picture).

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This looks great. I just don't know what trailer I have. It's the galvanized one that came with a 2008 SX230. We need to take the bow hook off? Is that a PITA? Or is there easy access to the bow hook? Will this work on this trailer? Seems like a no brainer at 30 bucks off the list price with that discount. Thanks for the input, as always!
You should have the MFI trailer, the bow hook is easily accessible in the anchor locker.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got to use one this weekend on a buddy's Master Craft. It a nice piece of equipment to have. I had just started looking at them this morning when I came across this thread. With the discount I'll be ording mine real soon.

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We owe a "SHOUT OUT" to Craig for all the help with the Shoarland'r trailer fitment. Thanks for the help!!

We will try to answer questions but most are answered on our website and on MasterCraft Teamtalk. We look forward to helping out everybody here on Jetboaters.

Thanks,
RNC

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably the most common question will be which model of Ramp-N-Clamp is the right one to order for the most common trailer sold with the majority of boats on this forum. Not Mastercraft and not Shorelander
MFI Trailers