• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SHOUT OUT to the best upgrade ever to my trailer - Ramp-N-Clamp

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please read the instructions and install the extended bow eye. Everything should be good to go after that. We now have almost 600 of these in operation.
Just wanted to point out there are no instructions to install the new bow eye in the kit. Just FYI.

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just wanted to point out there are no instructions to install the new bow eye in the kit. Just FYI.
Thanks for the FYI. We have added a note on the instructions to do this. Every boat is different so we can not supply step by step. I wish we could.

Thanks.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the FYI. We have added a note on the instructions to do this. Every boat is different so we can not supply step by step. I wish we could.

Thanks.
I'd suggest if you ship a bow eye, to place a note with it that you may need to install it in order for it to engage the ramp and clamp and to be able to use safety chain. Then I'd also suggest mentioning the silicone / life caulk that would be required for that. I happened to have some handy.

I'll let everyone know how it goes. I will say it was fairly easy to engage on the trailer even with the short stock bow eye. I had a guest power it forward and it clicked right in. If the new bow eye allows for securing with the bow strap and safety chain, this is likely a winner.

I still have yet to launch with it though.

Thanks!

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please remember that we wanted to improve the release capability but it is a mechanical latch with the entire boat pulling against it. Please put the boat in forward or leave the winch strap tight while lifting the handle. If these two things can not be done it will still release where the prior latch would be locked on to the bow eye.

For fiberglass boats the only latch that advertises an "effortless" release cost $499 and you have to add a second bow eye attachment.

With the boat in forward my 77 year old father can release the latch from inside the boat. This also allows you to start the boat and make sure all is well BEFORE you take it off the trailer. However, having said this, most times I undo everything at the top of the ramp before launching.

We hope that is acceptable.

Thanks,
RNC

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So help me understand this. I could retrieve the boat with the clamp and drive to the top of the ramp. There I could attach the winch and safety cable and release the clamp and I would be ready to launch next time? Is that correct?

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So help me understand this. I could retrieve the boat with the clamp and drive to the top of the ramp. There I could attach the winch and safety cable and release the clamp and I would be ready to launch next time? Is that correct?
You do not release the latch until you are ready to launch your boat the next time you are at the lake. You release it the same time you release your winch hook and safety chain. Some people do this at the top of the ramp some when in the water.

However, the latch does give you the option of releasing from inside the boat.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK. Got it.
And you have another sale.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please post pics of the $500 version. I'm having a hard time imagining what that looks like, especially the second bow eye.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The discount is good through 9-30-14. We will have another discount next year sometime.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not much to the install, pretty straight forward, only think I would recommend is resealing the bow eye hook after you replace it with the new one. Besides that it's just getting the right tightness on the unit and you are good to go!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did you guys do it on the ramp?

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, just had a couple of tools with me. Took about 15-20 min tops to do the switch out. But at the ramp... not on the ramp lol

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It took some coaxing to get my bow eye out. I was using some sort of heavy object with a blunt edge to coax it out. I believe some call it a hammer.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i replaced the bow eye at my house and the ramp-n-clamp while at the ramp