• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ramping fees

The closest ramp to me (Wethersfield) charges $10 for residents or $20 for non-residents. They also sell season passes for $100/200. All CT State Operated ramps are free. Others vary in price.

$60 for the year....

Lots of free public ramps in the central Florida area. There are a couple of pay ramps at some lakes. I can't remember ever paying more than $5 and that was just for parking not actually using the ramp. I also have deeded lake access to my neighborhood lake but it's included in my homeowners dues.

$20. bucks here on the Hudson River. Public or private - same price

Don't forget the bridge toll to get to lake Berryessa. $5 plus $ 5 per axel. Orwood on the Delta : $10 only 10 minutes away

Actually, I did forget about that and also the $10 to $20 quagga and zebra mussel inspection fee. Which only applies in Santa Clara County (the closest fresh boatable fresh water to me) that I know of personally, for now anyway, and hopefully not to be extended elsewhere.

Side Note: I'm sometimes asked what a day of boating costs, my canned response is "It depends." or "It varies." Truth be told it can be depressing to think about. When I go to the Delta I'm in at least $10 just to launch, if I go to a lake or some other parts of the Delta I spend another $15 for bridge toll. Gas for the tow vehicle on a 100 mile round trip is $32 (12.5 mpg = 8 gallons at $4 per gallon), $64 if I go to Berryessa or Modesto (200 miles round trip). This is all before I hit the water and excludes gas for the boat, food and drinks. Trailer boating is definitely not for the financially challenged.

Last edited:
$0, Pacific Ocean, Mission Bay

@Ronnie I agree on boating costs. I used to say a day on the water costs nothing, until I thought about it. Fuel for the vehicle and boat, going to the store to get food, snacks, drinks, ice, adds up VERY quickly. Oh well

@Ronnie I agree on boating costs. I used to say a day on the water costs nothing, until I thought about it. Fuel for the vehicle and boat, going to the store to get food, snacks, drinks, ice, adds up VERY quickly. Oh well
The cost may add up, but we didn't buy boats to save money did we? :hilarious:

Was anyone complaining? Just noting

Was anyone complaining? Just noting
I don't think anyone was complaining, I was just having fun...that's the problem with the internet, people can't see your smiling face when you type things.

I don't think anyone was complaining, I was just having fun...that's the problem with the internet, people can't see your smiling face when you type things.
VERY much so agree

No complaints, I think most of us pay up without thinking about after a while. I'd still do it as much as I could at twice the price. I try not to think about unless I'm asked and I never think about it when I making or recalling all the good times on the water. For example, at WOT my boat burns around 25 gallons an hour, my solution, make sure that GPH is not displayed when boating. If you are into boating fuel economy, you are probably not in the market for a jet boat, but a sail boat, row boat or raft instead.

I noticed when I boat at Lake Berryessa ( we do a lot of water sports here) I don't burn as much fuel as I do on the Delta. ( just hanging out at ski beach Stockton and going thru a lot of no wake zones to get there.) they're 2 different bodies of water with 2 different kinds of boating inviroments. Any way whatever the cost is I sure do enjoy playing on the water.

Back