• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear ladder coming out?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My rear ladder has come out three times while driving. The rubber strap is tight to put on and was on all three times. Any ideas what's going on or a solution. I know some people have used the bungy with the ball when the straps break but I can't find anything in the search on my issue.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Check out strapworks.com. This is what I use. Works much better than the rubber strap. Lasts a lot longer.
Papa

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out strapworks.com. This is what I use. Works much better than the rubber strap. Lasts a lot longer.
Papa
Do you have the specific part the link just goes to their home page. Thanks

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Weeb,
I don't have the part number. I used this site when I had a Boy Scout troop. I also used it for the boats I've had over the years. As I recall its pretty easy to choose what you want. You may also be able to buy these at Walmart in different lengths and find the one closest to what you want and cut off the excess. Then use a liter to melt he cut end.
Papa

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have used the bungee ball set up when the strap broke before as well just picked them up for a few bucks from Harbor Freight. That's weird that the strap isn't holding it though that is the first I have heard of this happening.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have used the bungee ball set up when the strap broke before as well just picked them up for a few bucks from Harbor Freight. That's weird that the strap isn't holding it though that is the first I have heard of this happening.
I've used both the OEM strap (black rubber) and the bungee ball. In fact just this week I removed the OEM strap because it was too difficult for kids to use. I replaced it with the Bungee ball which works just fine.