• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear View Mirror

chrisinslc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is an inexpensive rear view mirror I could purchase for my 2018 AR190? I don't want to spend $300+. Any ideas?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's ridiculous what these mirrors are selling for, but I will highly recommend a tower mount. I had the one listed above and it really bothered me how, when clamped on the windshield, made a big blind spot.

I finally caved and bought this one,
Roswell Elite Mirror Arm | WakeMAKERS

largely because I could use my existing mirror, but if I had to do it all over again I would buy a mirror with a greater field of view. When wakeboarders cut, I loose them in the mirror.

I was very tempted to go with this guy for $89 +$10 shipping, but I wanted greater flexibility. It look like it would go the job though.
KRYPT UNIVERSAL WAKEBOARD TOWER MIRROR ARM BRACKET-WAKE BOARD BOAT MIRRORS MOUNT | eBay

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those sub $100 mirrors work great if you find the ones with the ball mount on the back side. That's huge, as you can mount it from the side or from the top on a reverse tower.

I have one on our 242, and it worked awesome last year. The ball joint is key, otherwise, you can only mount from the side, and that may only work on a traditional tower and not a forward swept tower.

Good luck!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thinking about getting one also. How well do they work when on plane? Do they vibrate making viewing difficult? Do they move around when in choppy waters?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depends on your boat. I'm using my hands to take the selfie, and we are Surfing.

Wake Wednesday.jpg

But here is another while on plane.
mirror.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That does look pretty good! Thanks!

Did you take those pictures last weekend?:cool:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, you bet. Here in MN Friday night, when I fired up the truck after Bingo at the Legion, it was a balmy -27f. And that is no lie, as Cosmic Bingo at the legion is actually a good time. I probably fibbed a bit on the temp, as it was probably closer to -30f.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is what I am talking about on the back. I ordered the Big Air Wakeboard mirror for around $109 on Amazon shipped. And this photo shows the backside and that ball joint.

And being that it articulated in the middle, you could pick the proper angle, no matter how you mounted it. And you could tighten the ball joint, to allow you to move it when surfing or tubing. Or tighten it down so it would not move at all.

I don't see them on Amazon anymore, but I do see them on Ebay for like $119. There is also an $89 articulating mirror on Ebay, but you need to see the backside to be sure it has the ball mount. Most have the bar going in from the side only.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ya, you bet. Here in MN Friday night, when I fired up the truck after Bingo at the Legion, it was a balmy -27f. And that is no lie, as Cosmic Bingo at the legion is actually a good time. I probably fibbed a bit on the temp, as it was probably closer to -30f.
I heard it was extremely cold up there. That is crazy and dangerous? I grew up in New England before moving to Florida in '89. I remember cold but not that kind of cold. Stay safe AND warm.

Thank you for the info on the mirror. Really appreciate it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here is what I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJ6Y960/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The mirror is FANTASTIC. I love it on the passenger side. The mount/clamp is not ideal but holds fine (mine survived 1+ year and a Bimini ride).
I like that one a lot. Do you find the base is too big and gaudy? Are there set screws you tighten to hold it in place?
One review stated the mirror got HOT and the actual mirror popped off??? It does get hot down here...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like that one a lot. Do you find the base is too big and gaudy? Are there set screws you tighten to hold it in place?
One review stated the mirror got HOT and the actual mirror popped off??? It does get hot down here...
The base/mount is not perfect, it has some play, and it is rather large but it needs to be because the morror is massive.
Overall, I tried several things over the years and this one works the best, again I like it on the passenger side otherwise it’s just in your face obstructing the view - if it’s in front of your face!
Did I mention it is large? Lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Has anyone seen one of these mirrors with the bracket extending forward and down from the tower! This is cool. Seems to be perfect for our towers. Plus, it folds out of the way.

1549938075613.png 1549938105004.png

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They're not cheap. Where are you buying it from?
They are expensive as I plan on purchasing directly from Samson. The one that I'm looking at is $420 but it's the best product I have found to fit my needs.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They are expensive as I plan on purchasing directly from Samson. The one that I'm looking at is $420 but it's the best product I have found to fit my needs.
Since they are located just down the road I may walk in there and see if they have blems or discounted products...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Since they are located just down the road I may walk in there and see if they have blems or discounted products...
That would be great. Please let us know (as I am interested too).

Where did you see that at? Does it include shipping?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Dean P Here's the link Samson Sports. For my AR195 it's a 1 7/8 diameter fitting. The cost of the mirror is $365.00 (depending on which mirror you select) and $55 for black powder coating. I saw this mirror on @John Mcpartland boat last summer.