• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recent Lake Powell and Lake Tahoe Trip

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wanted to briefly share our recent camping trip to both Lake Powell and Lake Tahoe. Wife and I took both our kids ages 12 and 18. They each got to bring a friend. Spent 5 days at Lake Powell and 3 days at Lake Tahoe. Camped at Waheap for Powell and Camp Richardson for Tahoe. Rented a 32 foot Class C to pull our 242. Drove over 2800 miles! While at Powell we were amazed at how big the lake was. You really have to watch your fuel and know exactly where the marinas are for getting fuel. A typical day visiting canyons consisted of approx 100 miles on the boat! We rented a slip at the marina and the marina put the boat in for us as well as retrieved us. We visited so many beautiful canyons including Antelope Canyon (by boat as well as a walking tour), Navajo Canyon, Cathedral Canyon. The water was like the Caribbean at 85-86 degrees! Seemed to always get lost in Padre Bay. So glad I purchased a hard copy map and had Navionics app. I you use the maps as well as follow the mileage buoys you should be good.

As for Tahoe, we have gone there before with our previous boat (Regal 2200) but never with the Yamaha. Was amazed that the boat's performance didn't seem to be too affected other than top end speed (top speed around 36-40 mph). Lake elevation is 6200 ft. Moored off Camp Richardson and launched out of Tahoe Keys. Long story but I will NEVER launch out of there again. Very unprofessional. Spent our three days at Tahoe visiting and swimming at familiar places like Emerald Bay, Rooster Rock, Sand Harbor, and Incline Village. Docked at Gar Woods and Hyatt for lunch a couple of the days.

Fantastic trip. Very expensive but great experience and time. We all had a great time especially the kids. IMG_3024.JPGIMG_3045.JPGIMG_3024.JPGIMG_3045.JPGIMG_3053.JPGIMG_3067.JPGIMG_3106.JPGIMG_3117.JPGIMG_3149.JPGIMG_3153.JPGIMG_3156.JPG

Last edited:

dwightandmisty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like an awesome trip. We did out annual Tahoe Trip from Houston in July (4th). That is by far our favorite lake that we have been too. Like you said, you could be there for 2 weeks and still not see everything the lake has to offer. We too camped at Wahweap last year, this year we rented a house in town. I prefer camping, all of our neighbors were European but they were all really cool. Great pics!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you eat at Latitude? That place is super overpriced for food, but their drinks are pretty cheap :). We have a houseboat slipped there.

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where is the cave in the 5th picture?

At this lake level there is a really cool water cave on the very left side of Rock Creek.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where is the cave in the 5th picture?

At this lake level there is a really cool water cave on the very left side of Rock Creek.

The cave pic is somewhere down Navajo Canyon. Cool pic.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you eat at Latitude? That place is super overpriced for food, but their drinks are pretty cheap :). We have a houseboat slipped there.
We ate one time a restaurant at the top of the boat ramp. I cannot recall the name but we all split a pizza. Decent.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We ate one time a restaurant at the top of the boat ramp. I cannot recall the name but we all split a pizza. Decent.
That place is pretty good on price. You ate at Wahweap Grille :).

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How was it like towing with a Forrester RV like the one in the picture?
We are renting almost the exact same RV next week, but passed thinking towing with with the RV was too hard. Now I see you did it. Anyways we will be in Powell for the first time so your posts were very insightful.