• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recommend Boat Service/Repair Tampa Bay Area

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After a little over 2 months I am finally picking my boat back up from getting repaired. I have been using the same dealer that I bought the boat from to do warranty work / service work on it. Unfortunately, I have not been having good luck with them, besides never meeting their own deadlines on completing repairs or ever calling me with updates. I have had to take the boat back multiple times for the same repair. Found scratches on the boat after getting it back, returned the boat dirty multiple times (to include today... after having the boat for over two months and setting a pick up date of today on Tuesday, I get a call one hour before I'm supposed to pick it up to tell me they are short handed and wont be able to wash the boat) After on Tuesday apologizing for it taking so long and telling be they were going to get it "spotless" which I'm sure we can all agree wasn't going to be... But not even sprayed down come on!

So I am asking anyone in the Tampa Bay area any suggestions on where I can take the boat for any future warranty / service work I need done on the boat. I do live in the Brandon area so I am also willing to go East if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After a little over 2 months I am finally picking my boat back up from getting repaired. I have been using the same dealer that I bought the boat from to do warranty work / service work on it. Unfortunately, I have not been having good luck with them, besides never meeting their own deadlines on completing repairs or ever calling me with updates. I have had to take the boat back multiple times for the same repair. Found scratches on the boat after getting it back, returned the boat dirty multiple times (to include today... after having the boat for over two months and setting a pick up date of today on Tuesday, I get a call one hour before I'm supposed to pick it up to tell me they are short handed and wont be able to wash the boat) After on Tuesday apologizing for it taking so long and telling be they were going to get it "spotless" which I'm sure we can all agree wasn't going to be... But not even sprayed down come on!

So I am asking anyone in the Tampa Bay area any suggestions on where I can take the boat for any future warranty / service work I need done on the boat. I do live in the Brandon area so I am also willing to go East if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Cycle springs has always been good to me. Its on 19 in Clearwater.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cycle springs has always been good to me. Its on 19 in Clearwater.
Unfortunately that's who I have been having issues with! Great for buying can't speak on jetski or other services but boat service has been trash all year for me.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately that's who I have been having issues with! Great for buying can't speak on jetski or other services but boat service has been trash all year for me.
They changed the service manage a year or so ago. Might be the reason.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I purchased my boat from Barney’s in St Pete in late 2021. The service dept was a joke on my steering cable. Hopefully the new owners have cleaned house or are doing better training/customer service.
What warranty work are you trying to get done? You can make the hike north to Jacksonville or south to Miami. Unfortunately, not many Yamaha dealers around here. We are stuck with what we have 🙄. There maybe one in Orlando too? I’m next door in Lithia, so Brandon is only a stones throw away.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I purchased my boat from Barney’s in St Pete in late 2021. The service dept was a joke on my steering cable. Hopefully the new owners have cleaned house or are doing better training/customer service.
What warranty work are you trying to get done? You can make the hike north to Jacksonville or south to Miami. Unfortunately, not many Yamaha dealers around here. We are stuck with what we have 🙄. There maybe one in Orlando too? I’m next door in Lithia, so Brandon is only a stones throw away.
No warranty work at the moment, however I have had the boat in there 4 or 5 times now for different things so I figure its just a matter of time. So far the major ones were the center console changing room door misaligned and rubbing fiberglass raw. Port engine shutting off in rough water... Then the opposite problem, Port engine not turning off after pulling safety lanyard or turning off the key... twice, and the MFD not turning on.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
No warranty work at the moment, however I have had the boat in there 4 or 5 times now for different things so I figure its just a matter of time. So far the major ones were the center console changing room door misaligned and rubbing fiberglass raw. Port engine shutting off in rough water... Then the opposite problem, Port engine not turning off after pulling safety lanyard or turning off the key... twice, and the MFD not turning on.
Hmm hard to say who’s a good mechanic around here. A lot of people will work on any boat with or without anengine, but mention jet boat, and that’s like taking a Ferrari to a Ford dealer. It’s almost like we own black magic lol. There are a couple guys at work with boats, mainly bay boats with outboards, let me ask them tomorrow and get back with you. Unfortunately, I am still rebuilding my “network” since moving down here from Ohio.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Following up
A co worker used this mobile boat mechanic on his outboard. Very reasonable and honest. Said he did a great job.
Maybe see if he’s still in business or works on witch craft lol 😂

Mike Berg
(727)204-7785

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a shame you are having that experience with Cycle Springs.
I had my first warranty work with them and it was the same issue as you, my port engine wouldn't shut off. They found a bad ground on the harness and fixed it. Turnaround was quick and the boat was returned to me clean. They also ordered for me a new marine mat for the rear deck due to a bubble forming on it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Cycle Springs is garbage. Always have been. No surprise with your issues.

TheJetSki repair shop in Pasadena is top notch for engine work.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@adrianp89 I will keep them in mind, do they do warranty work for Yamaha?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 I will keep them in mind, do they do warranty work for Yamaha?
No…. Your warranty work is limited to Rockstar (Barney’s) and CycleSprings. Honestly unless it’s something major just fix it your self. I’d rather spend $75 on a part and fix it my self then lose my boat for a month and have it come back with scratches and tears.

Kilo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I called cycle springs three weeks ago, since I didn’t purchase from them they told me Aug 5th (5 months).
Did find someone awesome who is mobile and will come to you, great price.
Tampa jet ski 813-466-8814