• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Relay Advice?

kuwona

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hi All. Been trying to get my 2001 ls2000 in the water but it's been a loosing battle - mostly due to my limited time. After rebuilding the carbs, replacing oil lines, upgrading fuel filters, and rebuilding access plugs, I got out on the water. Tested out pretty well, but I took it easy. I am definitely taking on water where the port engine jet connects to the wall in the engine compartment... Even when not running.

Went to start the following week and port starter was running slow. Then slower. Then just buzzing from relay. (starboard starts fine). I foolishly thought changing starter would be the path of least resistance. Finally completed and still buzzing from relay - no motor cranking. I tried jumping directly to positive from battery. Nothing. I tried jumping negative from battery to ground on starter and using the key. That now get a single click, not a buzz. Then, with the negative jumped from battery to starter ground AND jumping from battery positive to starter positive, it cranks.

Battery is good. Battery is charged.

I'm guessing I will have to remove and inspect the electronic box on that wall of the engine compartment that includes the relay (and some other stuff?). But I can't find any threads or videos about that. Anyone have some instructions for me?