• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Remove 2013 242 LS from trailer on shore

rost5501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2013 242 LS, anyone ever remove their boat from trailer on shore? Or possibly just lift if up and support it higher while still on the trailer?

Thinking about repainting the bottom and wanted to know if the hull is strong enough to handle removing the boat from the trailer via cribbing and/or jack stands. Looking to see what my options are (other than paying someone to do it, lol).

I have helped move boats onshore at my local yacht club and there are several YouTube videos for removing boats from trailer on land. But this was all for other boat brands, I have found little information researching this for a similar sized/year Yamaha jet boat.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
use jack stand - one in the middle (right by the ridge get something with a v and put a thick towel) and 2 in the rear (as far rear as you can get). The tricky part is, when I see this done, they have swiveling mount at the rear, you need to have correct angle like make something out of wood and mount in the jack stand. If I were you I would clean he hull it in the trailer (as much as you can) then go to a boatyard have theme lift it so you can clean the rest of the hull and paint it there, pay for hour it will take you to paint which shouldnt be much.