• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I made a boat stand

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t recall seeing where anyone else has ventured to make a boat stand. Courtesy of the previous owner, I’ve got a ton of scratches, gouges, and dock rash that I want to get fixed, and I got sick and tired of dealing with the trailer always in the way, especially for repairs on the bottom. I got some 3/4” (**EDIT** I used 1", not 3/4") ACME thread, T handle nuts, and got to welding. The main frames are 2.5” X 2.5” X 3/16” square tubing. The crossmember is 2” X 2” X 1/4” square tubing. Gussets are 10GA. The steel plates I’m using to spread the load are 3/8” (**EDIT** 1/2", not 3/8") thick, with a couple pieces of 1/4” plywood between it and the gelcoat. Really isn’t hard, and while I haven’t worked on the boat since getting her in the air, I know it’s going to be well worth it. It’s a little crude, I know, but I just wanted something functional for once a year (if that). Forgive the messiness, I need two or three barns to keep all my crap.

0D92254C-7BB1-42E9-974A-BE9DE2FF9C7F.jpeg
A525A3E7-F7BA-4064-8A30-AA6DB441494D.jpeg
9DE65560-1532-471B-ADB7-A51F59F099EE.jpeg
384671B5-B121-466B-9F71-312961578E34.jpeg
C5D3A9CF-3AAB-453A-AE3A-E5B2968CC2CE.jpeg
5562FD29-784D-4D1E-9ED9-3D4B8792A14D.jpeg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a must have!!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice. How do you transfer from the trailer to the stand and back?
Floor jack or bottle jack and a jack stand. Roll trailer forward until a crossmember or axle hits it, put the other stand/jack just behind the axle, Roll forward, reinstall first jack, and again roll forward Until a crossmember/axle hits it... takes a little time, but I did it alone in less than half an hour. Just take your time, and be deliberate. Make SURE your jack/jack stand is centered under the keel.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a must have!!
Not complicated, just a couple hours of cutting/welding, the ACME stuff, a bunch of steel. Well worth it, in my opinion. I’ve been working on the gelcoat all afternoon, and while I’m not enjoying it, it’s a world better than dealing with the trailer down there.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great please send link so i can order one from you, and venmo, paypal or wiring instructions 😀

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL, u wanna pay shipping for this thing?! 😂 I’ll gladly post a parts list, and you can just have a steel fabrication shop local to you weld it together. One catch is the crossmember of the frame, and the height of the uprights. I designed it for my boat. Other boats might require different lengths.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bro you are in ohio, i am just north of you i can pick up :p ;)

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, if you’re serious, drop me a PM, and I’ll get some pricing together on Monday. Happy to make more, no sweat.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I don’t recall seeing where anyone else has ventured to make a boat stand. Courtesy of the previous owner, I’ve got a ton of scratches, gouges, and dock rash that I want to get fixed, and I got sick and tired of dealing with the trailer always in the way, especially for repairs on the bottom. I got some 3/4” ACME thread, T handle nuts, and got to welding. The main frames are 2.5” X 2.5” X 3/16” square tubing. The crossmember is 2” X 2” X 1/4” square tubing. Gussets are 10GA. The steel plates I’m using to spread the load are 3/8” thick, with a couple pieces of 1/4” plywood between it and the gelcoat. Really isn’t hard, and while I haven’t worked on the boat since getting her in the air, I know it’s going to be well worth it. It’s a little crude, I know, but I just wanted something functional for once a year (if that). Forgive the messiness, I need two or three barns to keep all my crap.

View attachment 150043
View attachment 150058
View attachment 150059
View attachment 150060
View attachment 150061
View attachment 150062
@dgfreeze .....five words: brilliant, patent it, retire early. :cool:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@dgfreeze .....five words: brilliant, patent it, retire early. :cool:
😂🤣😂 I doubt it’s quite THAT brilliant, and it’s definitely quite simple to make. I’ll post the dimensions later this eve, so others can copy it. I work in a steel fabrication shop, so I just slapped it together after hours.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
😂🤣😂 I doubt it’s quite THAT brilliant, and it’s definitely quite simple to make. I’ll post the dimensions later this eve, so others can copy it. I work in a steel fabrication shop, so I just slapped it together after hours.
He said humbly....

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I'll take one for my,,,Ummm,,,,cough,,,cough,,,Chaparral.
I've been wanting to get it off of the trailer for adjustments, and do a polish on the full underside. I would probably substitute the plywood landing pieces for thick rubber ones.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it come in Royal Blue

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll take one for my,,,Ummm,,,,cough,,,cough,,,Chaparral.
I've been wanting to get it off of the trailer for adjustments, and do a polish on the full underside. I would probably substitute the plywood landing pieces for thick rubber ones.
Blasphemy! 😂 Lol, I’d be happy to build one for anybody, but the dimensions very well might be different. And shipping would be a killer. Just take the pics, measure up your boat, and have a local fab shop make one for you. I’ll be making a sketch later tonight with some rough dimensions, and explain some of the reasons I did things one way, and at the same time, some thoughts I’d have to do it differently.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Look at the beautiful aged gasoline jug without the stupid EPA autoclose spout. Good ole days!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look at the beautiful aged gasoline jug without the stupid EPA autoclose spout. Good ole days!
We sell “water spouts” that may or may not fit conventional gasoline jugs... if that spout ever spits the bit, I’ll have another free flow on there. I’ve never spilled more gas than when I use those stupid EPA jugs. Useless.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We sell “water spouts” that may or may not fit conventional gasoline jugs... if that spout ever spits the bit, I’ll have another free flow on there. I’ve never spilled more gas than when I use those stupid EPA jugs. Useless.
yes those things do nothing but cause spills and frustration especially the ones with the nozzle shutoff!

Mine pours like a BOSS though ...even with its shutoff to meet stupid EPA regs :D
628A1ECE-1416-4A19-A49B-F33479A351BE.jpeg

Last edited: