• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removed my seat and now it's stuck

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I was removing my seat to show a member some pics but when I went to reinstall the seat and slide it down somehow my swivel handle was engaged and now my seat is stuck. It will not swivel or slide. To make matters worse I can't budge it to even remove it anymore. Something is in a bind. Anyone had this happen and know how to fix it. The swivel and slide handle is wedged and in a bind. You can see it's stuck on the swivel setting but it won't budge. It makes an awful sound when trying to twist the seat.

Do the philips screws holding in the base have any adhesive on them? I am hoping I can remove th seat and base and then look under and through the bottom of the base to see what is blocking it. Anyone know if it is a straight thru cylinder?

IMG_7594.JPG IMG_7595.JPG

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you unscrew the black knob all the way then lift straight off the pedestal. Then if so you can flip over and get a better look?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nope something is preventing it from sliding up with knob all the way loosened.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had removed it to show a member these pics and when I slide the seat back down I guess the swivel was engaged and now with the seat down it is locked. My knob is turned about 45 degrees now then how it was.

IMG_7590.JPG IMG_7591.JPG IMG_7592.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea them Philips screws on the base ain't budging. Shit!

Only thing I know to do now is use a hydraulic jack lol

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can someone with a seat like mine and access to their boat please go look under your seat and take a picture of the bar that the swivel and slide handle is attached to. If you look close in this pic you can see something like a tab wedged on the angled bar the swivel and slide handle is mounted to. I think this may be my issue prevent the slide from disengaging and maybe that's why the seat is stuck. Any help would be huge!!

IMG_7604.JPG

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From that picture it looks like the pivot bar is wedged on that tab toward the rear

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea and it makes a horrible noise now. Should that tab be down, left, right or sitting within the angled pivot bar? Hoping someone will take a pic so I know how it should look. I will then try and pry it. I also have a small hydraulic jack but I'm afraid I'll crack the fiberglass, crack the cast seat base or destroy the seat entirely.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its pooring rain out now or i would go out and take my seat off to see

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the help man. I will just wait until tomorrow and hoping by then someone sees this and can snag a pic for me. This is what I get for trying to help people lol

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont use a Jack whatsoever we can figure this out. I had one of my seats out and had a similar issues. But after manhandling the seat side to side and really shaking it it poped into working order

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you dont get a pic before i get home tomorrow i will remove my seat and get you pics for sure

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the base somewhere - let me look. What pictures do you want?
If the worst comes to worst, we can skype - maybe tomorrow night?
Let me make sure I can find it.
I could also send you the parts, I have one or two pedestals that were damaged last summer and I replaced those.

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Relax and dont sweat it. We will get this straightend out soon enough

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s what I was able to take. I’m not sure if this is what you need to see. I took a video. Let me upload it to YouTube and I’ll post a link
234E8630-F0AB-4308-A672-820DD375F8FC.jpeg31692B91-62F7-49DA-B934-3BC2B4437144.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@druppert thanks for the help. Can you see if you can take a closer pic of the track and that tab. Similar to your second pic but closer inside. Hard to explain but I bumped the exposure and brightness on that pic above to show the tab in question. It's got the pivot bar in a bind and I need to know if the tab sits to the inside of the right angle of the bar or if it sits somewhere else. Thanks for the help and pics!

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s the link. It may not be fully rendered yet though.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@druppert thanks for the help. Can you see if you can take a closer pic of the track and that tab. Similar to your second pic but closer inside. Hard to explain but I bumped the exposure and brightness on that pic above to show the tab in question. It's got the pivot bar in a bind and I need to know if the tab sits to the inside of the right angle of the bar or if it sits somewhere else. Thanks for the help and pics!
Yes let me see if I can get the camera in there.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tried to get a better pic you can see the tab or whatever is under the angle bar.

IMG_7606.JPG