• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removed my seat and now it's stuck

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I see what’s got you jammed up. Looks like the swivel mechanism is wedged under your pivoting bar. Hopefully you can pop it out from under there with a screwdriver

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Success she is free!!

To anyone gat has this happen this is the easiest way to fix it. Grab an 11mm socket and remove the swivel/slide plastic handle. This will give you the room you need to access the tab and pry using a long flat head screwdriver towards starboard side of the boat. Takes a bit to pry but it will eventually move enough to allow the angle bar to pop into position.

Thanks again @druppert for the video. It was exactly what I needed!

IMG_7608.JPG IMG_7609.JPG IMG_7610.JPG IMG_7611.JPG

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just remember to “lock your swivel above 5 mph to avoid fatal injury!”

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Worse way to go, swiveling seat or blast of water into your anus/vagina?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to see you got it

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Should have took a pic of the blood on the fiberglass all around the throttle area after busting my knuckles against the teeth of the track. :D

No pain no gain right?!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BTW with the seat out I noticed if you slosh it around you can hear a little bit of water in there. I wonder how to get it out? Drill a hole but where? I guess it seeps into the seat when washing and some of it finds its way within the seat. I bet we all have water in them :D

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
BTW with the seat out I noticed if you slosh it around you can hear a little bit of water in there. I wonder how to get it out? Drill a hole but where? I guess it seeps into the seat when washing and some of it finds its way within the seat. I bet we all have water in them :D
I removed the seat cushions from the 232 that I bought and placed them in the back seat of my truck on the 4 hour drive back home. I had all kind of water inside my cab. I brought them inside my house and they continued to drain for two days.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jet ski seats get full of water always and it will continue to add up and make them real heavy. You have to lean them up against something nose down to drain out.
So my guess would be to make a drain hole in the starboard base of the seat. Should work

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@druppert and @haknslash belated thanks for your help today. My seat was stuck as tight as a frogs ass. I used the video and pics to help me figure out what was not copacetic with my seat. I did have to go primal with some Muay Thai knee strikes to wiggle the slider lose, so that the WD-40 could work its way into a tight spot. Moving smooth as goose poop now ... thx guys!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hahaha freaking knee strikes!!!! You're very welcome and glad we could help!