• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repairing and upgrading a 2017 Shorelander trailer(pic heavy)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got this trailer with a wrecked ar 240 last November and recently decided to replace my 2010 MFI trailer with it, after I “fix it” up a little.

My plan is to swap some of the parts between trailers and sell the 2010. I started by adding an Ark Trailer Jack, magnetic “D” / brake lockout key along with a locking brake reservoir capto removed the trailer guides that came with it.

tonight after work I removed the forward bunks, the black covered ones seem to be OE and they are on the verge of failing. The gray one is aftermarket and has held up well. Next I will take off the rear bunks, and install new ones. I also want to switch trailer guides, rims and tires and possibly the winches. I’m on the fence about the rampn clamp. While I’m at it I will also install a wired rear view camera on the shorelander. IMG_3069.jpegIMG_3068.jpegIMG_3067.jpegIMG_3066.jpegIMG_3064.jpegIMG_3063.jpegIMG_3062.jpegIMG_3061.jpegIMG_3058.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And so it begins, tomorrow. Starting with new bunks, wheels, guides and eventually ramp n clamp (or something similar) and wired rear view camera.

shorelander never got back to me on new fenders and the rep I spoke with who was supposed to call my local yamaha dealer to authorize the replacement costs left the company. Hopefully he didn’t get fired for giving away to many new fenders. Oh well, the cracks on the original fenders don’t bother me, yet.

I will add pics as the work progresses.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought another cushioned draw bar which should help assist this anti rattle device. IMG_5845.jpegIMG_5847.pngIMG_5846.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, i sold it with the 2010 trailer, i had beads of weld on the threads as a theft deterrent so would have had to put some effort into removing it. The eom on the 2017 shorelander is ok, but definitely a few steps down as a single speed with exposed gears.
@Ronnie Did you end up switching out the winch?