• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

replaced the stereo and other mods..

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I completely replaced the stereo system in my boat, and drilled a bunch of holes..

All new stuff added:

Sony CDX H910UI Head Unit (works with the existing remote on the transom)
Fusion BT-100 Adaptor
Rockford Fosgate M400-4D amp (drilled 4 holes for mounting board)
Rockford Fosgate M600-4D amp
Rockford Fosgate M282B Wake Tower Speakers (2) (drilled 6 holes for this)
Rockford Fosgate M262 Cabin Speakers (4)
Rockford Fosgate M210s4 Subwoofer (1) (Cut a 9" hole for this one)
Replaced the Mini Stereo Jack in the side of the helm with a USB iPod Cable
Neutrik Tower Speaker Disconnect (1" hole for this one)
Kicker ZXMRLC Dual Zone speaker control

Also installed:

Blue Sea Fuse Panel
Lowrance Elite 4 GPS/Fishfinder/Plotter
Blue Sea Add-A-Battery kit
Noco Genius GenMini2 8AMP 2 Bank Battery Charger
Noco AC Port Plug w/Integrated Extension Cable GCP1

Still have in the garage to install:

VEVE Guides
Faria Battery Condition Guages
Blue Sea LED for the Add a Battery Kit
Attwood Sahara 1100GPH bilge for the real bilge
Perfect Pass StarGazer

Attachments

Last edited:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is that an IB sub? Does the ballast bag interfere with it? I imagine the thump will change whether the bag is full or not.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went through the rest of the pics and everything looks great. I like the flags. I have my flags mounted to the fork holders on each side but they difficult to see with boards in. Your blue seas add a battery install looks just like the one I did early in the summer. I have the same full ground connection on my battery. I am planning on installing the blue sea ground bus bar and a blue sea fuse block either this fall or next spring. There is not much room in that area. I mounted the ACR and switch a little higher so I have room to put the ground bar horizontal underneath the relay and the fuse block to the right of the ACR and switch. It's gonna be really tight in there though. I also have the blue sea led to install yet.

Thanks for posting pictures of your install.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah it is a free air sub, sounds the same to me with the ballast empty or full, doesnt really affect it either way..

I dont think my add-a-battery charging switch is working, I never get the LED lit up while the boat is running.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have to get some pics of the amps and fuse panel I installed, I'll get to that when I install the Perfect Pass.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dont think my add-a-battery charging switch is working, I never get the LED lit up while the boat is running.
Hmmm I have seen my light come on, but haven't put a multimeter on it.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
once I get the green lights on my NOCO saying they are fully charged I am going to take it out and see if the LED comes on..

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll have to get some pics of the amps and fuse panel I installed, I'll get to that when I install the Perfect Pass.
Your boat is going to be all decked out!! I'm still lacking a nice stereo and tower speakers. Maybe next year if the funds are available and the wife approves.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm redoing the flags as well on Aluminum poles, the clips I had on the wooded poles wont hold the flags on, plus they are a bitch to get in and out of the holder.

Aerial Flag holder has a 1.25" ID hole, so I am going with a 1" Diameter Al pole with a thin wall PVC sleeve down in the holder, and then going to plasti-dip the ends of the flag to give it some "traction"

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your boat is going to be all decked out!! I'm still lacking a nice stereo and tower speakers. Maybe next year if the funds are available and the wife approves.
I'm gettting it ready for the Bimini 2015 Trip, going to install a VHF radio with GPS and an external antenna before then as well.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang! You have been busy!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks awesome! How do you like your head unit and those RF amps? Was your original head unit the JBL one?

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How's the Fusion bluetooth working out? I've seen a lot of good reviews, but also saw a few saying the audio wasn't that great (especially at higher volume settings). I had added it to my list of mods, but was a little worried that it wouldn't work out as planned.

D

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice install by the way... :thumbsup:

D

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
head unit is nothing special, the 212x comes with a Sony head unit and when I bought the boat the LCD had gone out on it so this is just a newer replacement that works with the factory installed rear deck controller, the RF amps rock!! I cant decide on the Fusion BT, it works however on my iPhone 5S I get skipping in the music however using an iPhone 4 it works fine.. dont know if its the Fusion or my Phone.. I just upgraded to iOS 8 so I need to try it again..

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you use any kind of internal support behind the sub or is it simply attached through the fiberglass?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ITs simply bolted through the fiberglass.. the glass is about 1/4" thick right there.. With 16 screws holding it in I dont think it will rattle loose.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@kthrash how do you like the Noco Genius GenMini2 8AMP 2 Bank Battery Charger? I am trying to decided between the mini 8 amp or the Gen 2 20 amp. Is the 8 amp (4 amps per bank) sufficient enough?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kthrash how do you like the Noco Genius GenMini2 8AMP 2 Bank Battery Charger? I am trying to decided between the mini 8 amp or the Gen 2 20 amp. Is the 8 amp (4 amps per bank) sufficient enough?
The 8AMP is plenty sufficient once you get the batteries up to snuff, mine took a weekend (@ 48 hours) to fully charge/condition them, but now everytime I go out it only takes a few hours to return both to green. I actually bought another one to put in my garage and have had the batteries on it all winter out of the boat.. I also installed the 1 bank 4AMP version in my Rhino since it only gets run in the winter and sporadically the rest of the year.

The lower AMP Charge is supposedly better for the batteries too..