• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

replaced the stereo and other mods..

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@kthrash how did you fish the plug back to the outlet you added near the gas cap? I mounted the charger yesterday and was about to drill the hole for the outlet and I realized how far back the outlet would be to plug in the cord. I am 6'8 so I don't think it will be too easy for me to crawl in there with the batteries. I guess I could use some sort of fish tape from the hole and pull the cord back there to plug into the outlet. What did you do?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kthrash how did you fish the plug back to the outlet you added near the gas cap? I mounted the charger yesterday and was about to drill the hole for the outlet and I realized how far back the outlet would be to plug in the cord. I am 6'8 so I don't think it will be too easy for me to crawl in there with the batteries. I guess I could use some sort of fish tape from the hole and pull the cord back there to plug into the outlet. What did you do?
@cozilla I climbed in the opening myself to hook it all up.. I am only 5'10" so although its a tight fit I do fit. You could always get a kid to climb in there if you have one. Its easy to hook up like an extension cord.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@kthrash I have a kid but she is only 5 months lol. I might try fish tape or something. I have it plugged in and charging but not using the outlet yet. Thanks for the reply.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cozilla If you can drill the hole, tape the end of the cord to the charger on a stick/pole and you should be able to reach the hole by simply leaning in the compartment.. you will need you wife/girlfriend/neighbor to grab it when they see it though.. then plug it all together and push the outlet into the hole you drilled.. be sure and drill pilot holes for your screws so the fiberglass does not spider..

djsquid

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@cozilla I think if you pop out the speaker that is right there in that corner you should have workable access to the inside of the hull there by the gas cap.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@djsquid I have 2007 SX230. Fortunately for me I did put speakers on the swim deck so that is an option. I think I am going to just cut the hole and use something like fish tape and pull it through.