• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

replaceing starter relay

WHlake

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have a yamaha ,2020, vx deluxe. got flooded so need to change out the starter relay.
Can that be done with the motor in the unit or best to lift the motor out of the hull ??

Have a yamaha ,2020, vx deluxe. got flooded so need to change out the starter relay.
Can that be done with the motor in the unit or best to lift the motor out of the hull ??
I believe the relay sits right on the front of the plastic housing with the ECU. Should be easy to do without removing the motor. If you mean the actual starter, that’s different. Still doesn’t require the motor to be removed it requires removing the exhaust manifold.

what about on a 2015, we had a boat have full power this weekend that had full power all dash switches would operate, stereo would operate however the boat wouldn't start. No fuse issues, checked them all. However when you turn the key nothing would happen, not clicking, no attempt to start just nothing. Thinking relay or wire maybe starter? Any suggestions?

what about on a 2015, we had a boat have full power this weekend that had full power all dash switches would operate, stereo would operate however the boat wouldn't start. No fuse issues, checked them all. However when you turn the key nothing would happen, not clicking, no attempt to start just nothing. Thinking relay or wire maybe starter? Any suggestions?
Typically when the relay is bad you still hear the click. My guess would be along the lines of a bad switch somewhere (kill switch, neutral switch, clean out hatch switch) all of those will cause a no crank situation I believe in a 2015. Can’t remember specifically because it’s a bit different between model years but the kill switch may allow crank but no fuel (my old 2014 was like that.) The other 2 will not allow crank at all.

Thank you I will get this info out and we will start looking into it.

Back