• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement Ballast 212x

JHC212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The water bed fitting on the stock ballast snapped and I think I'm just going to upgrade it.

I'm looking at two bags.

1) Pro Series V Drive sacs 400lbs - 42 x 16 x 16

2) Pro X Series Side sacs - 260lbs - 48 x 12 x 12 - I have a couple of fat bricks I can put under the seats to make it 400lbs but I'll have to fill them manually.

I wanted to get the 400lb sacks but the compartment on the 212x under the rear seats is exactly 16" wide and only 14" tall. There are a few screws sticking out as well as cables running through it. So was afraid of damaging the sacks or something else.

Has anybody used any of these bags in a 212x?

Thanks!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just get the custom bags from wakemakers for the 212x.

JHC212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just emailed them. But seeing that I'm in Canada it might be too expensive and I may just get one of the two sacs I listed.

guppytrash

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey Bobbie I would like to do what you did. But I just got off the phone from wakemaker and they didn't have any info on file for 212x
Also did you move your battery from stock location?

JHC212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Since hers was a complete custom install they won't make it from her file for you. You will have to give them measurements.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@guppytrash . Wakemakers actually went to river city boats and made the template. Talk to spencer directly at wakemakers....he should be able to get them for you. Tell him they made them for me and river city did the install...he will remember

landlockedpirate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@bobbie I realize this thread is very old at this point, but I have a a '13 212x and I'm considering doing what you did.

By swapping the 250# bags to the 1100# bags, were you able to surf without the transom sac?

I got a quote from wakemakers to make the bags, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. TBH i don't even use the stock ballast much as the boat seems to be overloaded when combining swim platform bag + locker bag + builtin.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@landlockedpirate we need the 450 lb bag on the transom for sure. Don't fill the ski locker...it will ruin the push. Just use the wakemakers bags, get 200 lbs of lead weight you can move around. Don't put more than 450 or so on the transom. You should be good!E6D78053-2BD6-4D24-86A2-E2E12D99BFF3.jpeg

landlockedpirate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@bobbie I have the gantlin 725# swim platform bag. With that I have to use the locker + people in the bow otherwise I can't even get to 10.5. You can't underfill that bag either, otherwise it's a sloshy nightmare. It sounds like the difference between us is I'm putting the weight on the extremes of the boat and you're putting it more in the middle. My wave is pretty good by 21' jetboat standards... I was just hoping to get away from the platform bag. Back to the drawing board.