• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement for swim deck radio remote?

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to replace the swim deck remote. The stock one is on there now. I bought a cheap Kenwood one to match my Kenwood radio buy it is tiny and will show the hole used to fit the stick radio. Can anyone recommend a radio remote similar in size? Not looking to break the bank here though on a super fancy one.

Attachments

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the same one as MacAR210 and then bought the Spectrum Gel Coat kit to fill in the screw holes left behind from the previous remote

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll try to snap some for you when I get home. Nice thing with that remote, is that it works with the remote wiring that is already in place in the boat

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet. Yea that’s why I got this one in particular to work in conjunction with the Kenwood deck.

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here ya go. Up at the helm, I used a piece of hdpe cutting board to put in place of the remote there and then attacked the same remote at the helm too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is the one I bought. It’s extremely tiny in person. (That’s what she said!)

They are small, but can be installed at the original remote location and then fill one screw hole. Our Kenwood remote has worked great for the last 3 seasons.

20190927_090710.png

20170501_174337_001.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Based on cost and my perception that I would not get my money's worth...I 3D printed a cap with a hole for a 12V lighter plug and used the existing wires to power the plug. Looks OK and cost me less than $20. You could do the same with aluminum or starboard if you don't really need the remote. Just an idea. If you like having a remote back there, then this is not the right solution.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drilled straight through the remote on the dash!
20190818_171727.jpg

The one on the back covered the hole easily.
20180703_153145.jpg

Rico_arg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bringing this from the dead... for those of you who used the RC35MR ( CLICK HERE FOR PICTURE) for the convenience of using the existing wiring.. Did you have to do anything at the helm for the second remote to work or also plug and play?

If I change the radio from the JVC that is dead.. how did you wire the remotes to the radio?