• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement Part for door

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This part cracked on me last season. I am fairly certain when I came off a wave bad and smacked pretty hard. I super glued it but it came apart again. I can order one but may not come in for some time. Any thoughts on material to use? Maybe aluminum? Anyone work with aluminum that can make me this piece?

20220401_145639.jpg

Attachments

• 20220401_145631.jpg
    20220401_145631.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
I would think that you could make it from a single piece of aluminum or plastic lumber using a router table or a dado blade on a table saw.

I could 3D print it but the router or dado method would be much more efficient.

Last edited:
I would pop it off and go to lowes or home depo, I bet you could find a sliding shower door track or something similar you can cut down to size. If you want something a more exact fit I would look at fab shop in your area, I bet they could weld something up pretty quick that will look good and not break the bank.

Well the only thing I don't own is a router table, believe it or not..... A dado blade would probably work. Not sure if I have anything longer in the garage in Starboard. May just go kick around lowe's or HD and see what I can find.

Odd, I did the same thing last year - was reaching for something and my hand slipped along the wall and hit the bracket and cracked a few inches of it. I was planning on taking it off last fall but forgot so this spring I'll go to Home Depot or Lowes to find an aluminum door track or similar and cut it to fit. Aluminum is stronger and could be sharp, so I plan on filing it down to round the corners so it doesn't cut anyone.

Home depot sells aluminum in the hardware area that will work just fine. I would bring the piece with you so you can match it up. Its like an aluminum u channel. Cut to size and you should be good.

Best of luck.

Home depot sells aluminum in the hardware area that will work just fine. I would bring the piece with you so you can match it up. Its like an aluminum u channel. Cut to size and you should be good.
That's my plan...but here in Canaduh we don't have the same selection as the US. Hopefully I can find something as I don't want to use superglue unless I don't have an option.

Back