• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing Engine and Jet pump Anodes

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be checking these . do you have to replace or can you just clean them
Take a good look at them and if you consider them to be ok then clean them and put them back with some silicon, if you look at the ones i took out of my engine they only wanted cleaning yet the ones on the jet pumps needed replacing, This is one of the reasons you need to give your engine a good flushing after use, I always flush to the maximum and you can see what mine where like after 10 years of saltwater i didn't need to replace them.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Took mine out today they looked pretty good not sure if the previous owner had ever changed them or not but there was very little stuff I had to clean off but I do believe to boat was used alot in fresh and brackish before I bought it and we try to run in some fresh water at least once a month

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a friend bring me a set of Anodes back from the states as getting them here in Thailand is just about impossible, I had noticed there was some confusion on where to locate the Anodes on the side of the Engine block so i thought i would try to make it a bit clearer with a few Photos also just to help thing's along, It's a fairly easy job if you lay on top of each Airfilter and bring your right arm around the back of the engine to help support the socket wrench, Mine came out very easy after undoing the 12 mil securing bolt with a small socket i found i could just twist the anode body out of the cylinder block easily.

View attachment 41458
Engine Anode and part number you need 2

View attachment 41459
Anode housing seal you need 2

View attachment 41466
Anode for the side of the jet Pump you need 2

View attachment 41460
To locate this Anode it's on the left side of the Engine block as you open the Engine cover just behind and underneath the last fuel injector, If you lay on top of the Airfilter you will see it clearly a small 12 mil socket is all you need

View attachment 41461
This is what you will see, Undo the larger 12 mil bolt as the smaller one actually holds the Anode in place in the housing.

View attachment 41462

Ok this is both Anodes out, I was really surprised as i have never changed them and this is after 10 years in saltwater, It just goes to show what a good flushing does.

View attachment 41470

I just give them a clean and also cleaned the seals and applied some silicon and put them back.

View attachment 41471

All refitted and back in place, It took about 5 minutes on each Engine so a simple job that you can tackle yourself.

View attachment 41466
Jet pump Anodes and part number you need 2

View attachment 41467
View attachment 41468

You can see how much the saltwater has attacked these Jetpump Anodes compared with the new ones, Not bad though for 10 years use in Saltwater

View attachment 41469

All finished and ready to go, I used a longer bolt in the Jet pump Anodes as the one that comes standard i feel isn't long enough and only goes in about 4 threads and steel to Alloy and only 4 threads is just asking for trouble as it's so easy to over tighten anyway good luck i hope this helps you to locate the Engine Anodes better.
Has your jet pump been painted. It looks beautiful. The original owner had painted mine black. Had to get rid of that. Never thought mine looked bad til now

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of silicone do you use to seal it up and do you have to
I just used a silicon that is recommended for gaskets, I use the same silicon on the jet pumps when i take them out for the annual clean and check over, Most DIY places will stock it.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has your jet pump been painted. It looks beautiful. The original owner had painted mine black. Had to get rid of that. Never thought mine looked bad til now
I take my Jet pumps out every year just to give them a check over and if i feel they need painting i do it, Just use a tin of primer and some grey spray paint from the DIY, It's the preparation that is the important part, The better you prepare the better the final job looks, I use my boat in saltwater all the time and it's out at least twice a week so every year it gets a good sorting i take the jetpumps out and give them a good once over clean paint and service.

051.jpg 057.jpg 008.jpg Assorted Photos 022.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just used a silicon that is recommended for gaskets, I use the same silicon on the jet pumps when i take them out for the annual clean and check over, Most DIY places will stock it.
I believe most will refer to it as RTV.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took mine out today they looked pretty good not sure if the previous owner had ever changed them or not but there was very little stuff I had to clean off but I do believe to boat was used alot in fresh and brackish before I bought it and we try to run in some fresh water at least once a month
I use my Boat a lot probably far more than most people as i live on the beach in Thailand so I'm always messing around with it and any jobs that need doing are done, I probably use it at least twice a week and leave it in the water for a couple of days at a time so it gets it's use but it's well looked after, There's no closed season here it gets used all year around.

IMG_2038.JPG IMG_2582.JPG 2014-11-09 15.17.49.jpg IMG_2799.JPG

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use mine 99% of the time in salt water. I didn't realize the jet pumps weren't supposed to be black til I went to a lake and there must have been something in the water bc by day 3 my pumps were silver.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great write up. Very much appreciated!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use mine 99% of the time in salt water. I didn't realize the jet pumps weren't supposed to be black til I went to a lake and there must have been something in the water bc by day 3 my pumps were silver.
What happened, did u paint them and paint got eaten off? I will be using mines in saltwater most of the time too, so just curious what happened to urs.

benny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am having the hardest time getting these out....I got the 12mm bolts out but the anodes wont budge...any recommendations?

Doncore3000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am having the hardest time getting these out....I got the 12mm bolts out but the anodes wont budge...any recommendations?
Did you try tapping on it with a hammer? If that doesn't work, get a Bigger hammer! LOL!

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Reviving old thread. Anyone have tips for removing an engine anode that is struck? The 12mm bolt comes out fine but the anode seems stuck. Won't turn or pull out. Don't want to do any damage trying to replace it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving old thread. Anyone have tips for removing an engine anode that is struck? The 12mm bolt comes out fine but the anode seems stuck. Won't turn or pull out. Don't want to do any damage trying to replace it.
I believe the answer is to rotate it to break whatever seal is holding it in place.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my 2004 AR210 uses F0K-U7697-00-00 which are off the shelf Martyr CMR-1 Zinc anodes $3.98 on line, $5 locally and $13 from Yamaha on the jet drives and
ANODE CRANKCASE 67F-11325-01-00 in the MR-1's this anode is mil a-18001K zinc alloy and used in nearly every Yamaha four stroke outboard ever made F75-F350 down here in the Keys I think Walgreens and Home Depot stock them LOL

I dont leave the boat in the water they last 12-18 months with daily usage on the jet drives... the engine ones have not had an inspection cycle yet...

I lube the nozzles steering and shifter cables once a week with water proof grease and once a year with 80W-90 injection...

BTW when you see F0K- in the part number is a good chance the Yamaha boys in Tennessee sourced it from the US market.. and boats.net has the picture on file...