• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing the trim on our "storage closet" door opening

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you beat me to it @scokill ! LOL

I had banged this out the other day but kept forgetting to get on and post. I ordered another section to do the area you posted. Here is the storage area I did. It was hard as hell to make some of the bends (especially at the top). I may pull it off and do it again with the joint midway down the door. Either way, it cleans it up quite a bit and the door actually closes normally and does not bang around anymore (never had anything in there since I bought the boat). Now to do the helm section and pull stuff out/clean up! LOL
So I did that compartment years ago. It kept slipping off. So I used the same trim but put 3m automotive double sided trim tape on first. It has held up for a decade or more.

IMG_6642.jpg

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length