• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing the trim on our "storage closet" door opening

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Old thread but goody. I had replaced years ago with OEM and it’s held….until yesterday. I was covered in the goo yesterday working in the helm. Ordered the trim from McMaster Carr.
Did they have it in white again? Or did you not require it in white?

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same question. I called McMaster Carr and they said they don't offer this trim in White any more, Black only. Let us know if you were able to have them ship you a white version.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same question. I called McMaster Carr and they said they don't offer this trim in White any more, Black only. Let us know if you were able to have them ship you a white version.
Lol just got off the phone with them myself. I am now trying to find a good choice to try on Amazon. I saw the one posted previously but didn't love the dimensions when compared to the McMaster "known good". Considering this one now: Amazon link

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol just got off the phone with them myself. I am now trying to find a good choice to try on Amazon. I saw the one posted previously but didn't love the dimensions when compared to the McMaster "known good". Considering this one now: Amazon link
i just ordered and received that same one myself. Haven't tried it yet...

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just ordered and received that same one myself. Haven't tried it yet...
Well shoot what are you waiting for? LOL

Just kidding. Interested to know how it turns out if you beat me to it :)

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The more I think about this, the more I wonder if it would look good in black also...hmmm

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what I ordered and confirmed.
Heavy Duty Plastic Trim
9/64"-1/4" Wide x 37/64" High Inside, Pebbled, White
8451A61

The original said 21/64 and this appears to be same part # but 37/64 is 5/64 difference and appears insignificant. The width is the same.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what I ordered and confirmed.
Heavy Duty Plastic Trim
9/64"-1/4" Wide x 37/64" High Inside, Pebbled, White
8451A61

The original said 21/64 and this appears to be same part # but 37/64 is 5/64 difference and appears insignificant. The width is the same.
You may have just gotten darn lucky then! LOL I called them this morning with that part number and she said they only have a 5' section in OH left and it has been discontinued.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You may have just gotten darn lucky then! LOL I called them this morning with that part number and she said they only have a 5' section in OH left and it has been discontinued.
Well, now you have me worried. I seem to have bad luck on an order getting through and a company not having it.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ugh sorry...I wouldn't be too worried. It sounds like we are literally at the end of the stock. Could always call them to verify though! I hope for your sake you got it in. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the black version of this. Might not look too bad.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ugh sorry...I wouldn't be too worried. It sounds like we are literally at the end of the stock. Could always call them to verify though! I hope for your sake you got it in. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the black version of this. Might not look too bad.
You might could get something same width, but different "depth" I haven't looked critically at the other trim available.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going with the black.

Hi Scott,

The plastic trim (8451A61) on your April 30th order has been discontinued. We've cancelled this order. I apologize for any inconvenience.

As an alternate, we can ship the same trim in black (8451A62) instead of white like you ordered.

Ashley

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hi Scott,

The plastic trim (8451A61) on your April 30th order has been discontinued. We've cancelled this order. I apologize for any inconvenience.

As an alternate, we can ship the same trim in black (8451A62) instead of white like you ordered.

Ashley
That sucks Scott. Sorry to hear they pulled the carpet out. I ordered the black and will probably be doing this when I receive it if you want to see how it looks. I will post my work. The more I think about it, I think it will look pretty great with black trim.

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hi Scott,

Ashley
Share a picture once you get the black in place for the benefit of the community when considering options.

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh... that is much nicer and cleaner than expected... thank you for sharing. For a moment thought black was going to be too much of a contrast with the white but does not seems so. Thanks Scokill!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you beat me to it @scokill ! LOL

I had banged this out the other day but kept forgetting to get on and post. I ordered another section to do the area you posted. Here is the storage area I did. It was hard as hell to make some of the bends (especially at the top). I may pull it off and do it again with the joint midway down the door. Either way, it cleans it up quite a bit and the door actually closes normally and does not bang around anymore (never had anything in there since I bought the boat). Now to do the helm section and pull stuff out/clean up! LOL

Attachments