• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

reverse gate inr cable?

Jay—C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
404B2843-08E5-48FC-A410-0601209297ED.jpeg
This cable has bent, I was wondering if this is something that is easy to replace? Or if I should bring it in? Also this is the 2nd time this has happened to me and I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and why it would keep happening? It’s ver frustrating and dangerous when it happens.This is a 2017 255 twin 250s

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow, that sucks. I have never had that happen. Below are pics of what mine looks like.

I would check:
  • the movement of the buckets to make sure there are no restrictions.
  • the spring release lever and/or
  • remove the steel locking clip. It's been proven it's not needed.

1658150743553.png

1658150829398.png

1658151983864.png

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I removed the locking plate/clip (held by two screws) yesterday after just learning brp released a tech bulletin on this a couple years ago. Shifting from forward to neutral is smooth now. Used to hear a slight clunk once in a while and I’m guessing that was the interaction of the locking components just releasing as the shift cable was moving the gate/bucket down.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
View attachment 182880
This cable has bent, I was wondering if this is something that is easy to replace? Or if I should bring it in? Also this is the 2nd time this has happened to me and I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and why it would keep happening? It’s ver frustrating and dangerous when it happens.This is a 2017 255 twin 250s
What was the outcome of this? I had the same thing happen to me yesterday and having a tough time getting info. Thanks