• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse gate measuement

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
also your original cobra fins without any damage shouldn't cause any additional spray,

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, I have the YDS, and I have been meaning to connect and play with it.... I guess this gives me even more reason to do so. I keep my boat on a rack in a marina about 1h away, and I'm usually going for "boating", so I don't have a lot of time to experiment with kids and wife in tow.

I usually tow from the walk through. I was under the impression that you shouldn't tow from the tower to prevent the tube from lifting off.

Thanks for the info on the other site.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always tow the tube from the tower, usually between 15-25 mph depending on the riders. We have a big 4 person flat disc tube and the only time it wants to get air is on a windy day and I throw them outside the wake with waves bouncing them and only then does the wind help to start to flip it. Just driving straight or without big waves I've never had a concern about it getting into the air.

It may be good to get the YDS loaded and ready on your computer and stop and have a swim time to try to connect it. Sometimes it can be finicky, especially with the port # or database the first time you use it, I think it's good info even if you don't have a specific need for it at the moment

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ncnmra i also tow from the tower on my 07 ar210. IMHO the older non-folding towers were a bit stronger than some of the other ones. But you're listed as having a 212X? If memory serves me right, that was the first folding tower Yamaha used and its way more flexible than mine. I don't think towing a tube from that one would be a good idea.

When I use the YDS on my boat I have to make sure on my computer that the device is set to "com port 1". Otherwise I get a communication error.

Also, you're right. There should be only one place for jet boat owners to look for their questions to be answered. So invite all your friends to come on over !!! As always, we will welcome them with open arms :)

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Typo in profile... should be Ontario

And... welcome fellow Canadian. .. sadly season is ending...

I am taking the boat out of the water today...:(

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When I use the YDS on my boat I have to make sure on my computer that the device is set to "com port 1". Otherwise I get a communication error.
Thanks to the FAQ and various messages, I was able to get my YDS connected yesterday on the first Try. Engines have about 175hrs on them total (mechanical counter is showing 168, so I guess the original owner likely had it installed at the 10hr service).

Starboard engine showed a No Wake Switch diag message at 65hrs
Port engine showed an Overheat warning at 85h, and Low Pressure at 102h. Since I've never seen any lights and all has been normal with the boat, I'm assuming these were dealt with by the previous owners. I wanted to hook up the YDS after my boating session again, just to make sure no new codes came up again, but I ran out of time. I'm assuming I wouldn't see anything, as I presume that these are just stored for reference sake. I cleared them to prevent them from flagging again.

Regardless, it doesn't appear that there are any "issues". I was able to go out by myself, and I can in fact get both engines to 10,000rpm (maybe a hair higher), but the port engine seems to take slightly longer to get there.

I also took various pics of my reverse buckets, I will post shortly.

Typo in profile... should be Ontario

And... welcome fellow Canadian. .. sadly season is ending...

I am taking the boat out of the water today...:(
Yikes; thanks for pointing that out. I keep my boat in Sarnia, and will be taking it out by the end of the month. @beachbum, next week is supposed to be nice! Why the rush?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I adjusted the forward open position today. The neutral position went from 1 3/8" to 1 3/4".

The buckets seemed low to me

image.jpg

Now they clear the opening when in forward.

I will test them tomorrow afternoon and report back.

I had difficulty getting the quick connect on the starboard bucket to turn. I tried using PB Blaster and a narrow vise grip to hold the shaft beyond the threads but outside the length that gets pulled inside. This was not sufficient. A little heat from torch and allowing it to cool freed it up.

Hakuna matata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PWC
Yes, it appears (visually) that they both stop in the same position; however I can see that the jet is hitting the buckets, and especially the port side is showing lots of spray upwards against the bottom of the boat.

Hakuna matata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PWC
I replaced both shifter and steering cables thanks for everyones input it went real smooth but when I dropped it into the water it was very sluggish and about 3000 rpm the starboard bucket was violently chattering spitting water in the air also heavy vibration in shifter handles im pretty sure it needs a turn or 2 to make it tighter

Hakuna matata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PWC
I replaced both shifter and steering cables thanks for everyones input it went real smooth but when I dropped it into the water it was very sluggish and about 3000 rpm the starboard bucket was violently chattering spitting water in the air also heavy vibration in shifter handles im pretty sure it needs a turn or 2 to make it tighter
Oh ita a 2005 ar230 h/o yamaha