• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse gate stuck in full throttle position

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi JB'rs
I have a 2013 AR240. As the post states, my starboard gate is stuck in the full forward position, throttle works fine, no reverse or neutral due to position of gate. Any thoughts?

thanks
Rick

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
disconnect the cable from the bucket if you can and see if it moves. If you're in the water and can't do that, check for rocks or debris that may be jammed in there not allowing it to move.

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
disconnect the cable from the bucket if you can and see if it moves. If you're in the water and can't do that, check for rocks or debris that may be jammed in there not allowing it to move.
nothing jammed in bucket, throttle works great, just no reverse now. I’m thinking I broke something with the reverse gate cable

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I found a post that might help you but for some reason I am unable to copy and paste the link. Try going to the search tool and type in”dismantle throttle”. Some threads pop up and look for the one titled: Throttle Cable-Please Help

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found a post that might help you but for some reason I am unable to copy and paste the link. Try going to the search tool and type in”dismantle throttle”. Some threads pop up and look for the one titled: Throttle Cable-Please Help
Will do, thx