• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse module Failure need replacement

Cliff2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes but I fix these on a core trade bases, jetski use the same .
what about the electronic side of it?

was getting the code u0410, checked my connector and continuity in the white/red and white/black wires. tried using BUDS to read the module, per the installation instructions. nothing. pulled it and opened it up, found this. if you look at the chip in the lower right corner you see some sort of blistering, and blackening of the circuit board where that portion of the chip attaches.

boat owner had apperently hooked up the wires backwards at the battery, fried the engine bay harness. after replacing that and getting the motors running again, no shift. medallion displaying e-reverse module error.
the medallion override function doesnt work, but having a communication error code probably causing that.

part numbers supplied in this thread all seem to be superceded. 463081 seems to be the current one, list price is $814.49. and its backordered...

Attachments

DrMick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
So excited! Got my replacement reverse module this weekend. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to swap out? I'm sending the core back and get a credit back. I'm so happy with the quick ship fro BRTparts!
Hey mate can you tell me the model number for the reverse module as I need one for my Scarab 215. And also where can I buy it from?

Thanks a lot

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Contact Karen@JerseyJetBoats 862-221-0717 She will be able to help you out

Mrhonnesty99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
what about the electronic side of it?

was getting the code u0410, checked my connector and continuity in the white/red and white/black wires. tried using BUDS to read the module, per the installation instructions. nothing. pulled it and opened it up, found this. if you look at the chip in the lower right corner you see some sort of blistering, and blackening of the circuit board where that portion of the chip attaches.

boat owner had apperently hooked up the wires backwards at the battery, fried the engine bay harness. after replacing that and getting the motors running again, no shift. medallion displaying e-reverse module error.
the medallion override function doesnt work, but having a communication error code probably causing that.

part numbers supplied in this thread all seem to be superceded. 463081 seems to be the current one, list price is $814.49. and its backordered...
For future questions yes we service the logic board also

SCARAB1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Found out today on the water my IST module failed, out of warranty now so it’s on me, I checked the fuses and relay both good, I could here a humming or noise from the IST but no movement.

Disconnected the bucket cable it moved free still no movement

So all is left it the module I opened up the water sealed module to find one for the brush holders had broken off inside the small electric motor.

So now I’m in search of a new module and wondering if it is a swap and replace or does the dealer have to be involved to sync it or calibrate it? Truly unfortunate when it’s perfectly fine besides the electric motor within that failed.

Any one know the price of these, and if it’s a like for like swap and go? Trying to not be stuck on shore for the last big weekend of the year.
Your one of so many scarab owners with INR issues! Contact me! Sailortrawler@gmail.com

Deadon512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes but I fix these on a core trade bases, jetski use the same .
I am having a reverse failure, if I send you a video could you tell me if the issue lies with this unit? I have a 2016 scarab 195. Seems when I hit a little rough water or a wake it Throws a reverser error

FTM3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
In need of advice I have on that will pull in to forward but not go out to reverse

FTM3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Does anyone have the cross number for brp these numbers are scarab but the same part is used on sea doo