• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon delete 252

Navalaviator08

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hi, first time jet boat owner and new to this forum. I recently bought a California compliant 2021 252 SE. I want to do a ribbon delete but I have seen some folks mentioning that the ribbon is now built into the intake. Has anyone done a ribbon delete on their 252? Does the ribbon slide out like older models? I'm trying to gain back the power that is lost having as California compliant boat. Thank you

Might have to just pull it apart and find out. I don't think anyone has done this on a 252 yet. If you do let us know!

Might have to just pull it apart and find out. I don't think anyone has done this on a 252 yet. If you do let us know!
Thanks for your post. Yeah, I tried taking the throttle body off just to see but I couldn't get the lower left nut off with the tools I had on hand. The clearance between the nut and the throttle body ECU is so small a normal socket won't fit. It's even super tight with an open end wrench. Pic attached. Will update if I get the throttle body off.

Attachments

• PXL_20210522_214100644.jpg
    PXL_20210522_214100644.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
Thanks for your post. Yeah, I tried taking the throttle body off just to see but I couldn't get the lower left nut off with the tools I had on hand. The clearance between the nut and the throttle body ECU is so small a normal socket won't fit. It's even super tight with an open end wrench. Pic attached. Will update if I get the throttle body off.
Any updates? Did you get it out?

Sorry, I completely forgot post a follow-up. The ribbons on the 252 California models slide out of the intake just like on other NA 1.8Ls. I installed the ribbon delete rings using the preexisting rubber inserts. Noticable gains in low and midrange power but not much at top end.

What rings did you use? Seems there are different sizes.

Sorry, I completely forgot post a follow-up. The ribbons on the 252 California models slide out of the intake just like on other NA 1.8Ls. I installed the ribbon delete rings using the preexisting rubber inserts. Noticable gains in low and midrange power but not much at top end.
Thanks!

Back