• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ride steady question

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I want to install ride steady but avoid the screen that isn’t mounted flush. Does anyone know the depth of the unit and if I could install in by the throttles flush with the black plastic wall? Here?

Attachments

• 81413FEF-068F-4EBF-AC8B-86E66CC5414D.jpeg
    81413FEF-068F-4EBF-AC8B-86E66CC5414D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
I want to install ride steady but avoid the screen that isn’t mounted flush. Does anyone know the depth of the unit and if I could install in by the throttles flush with the black plastic wall? Here?
@Ridesteady

If I understand you right I don't think it will sit flush. This link has the width and height if that helps - Hydrophase Ridesteady Guage Sizes.

It should be easy! Those are just like the factory gauges, and like PerfectPass - used to be just a replacement for the factory non-GPS speedo.
Many here installed speakers on that surface, it is at least 3-4" deep, I don't recall when I did it, check out @fraserjr posts on speaker install. But the R-S should fit.
I would not put it there though as you will want to use it all the time, at least I do. I want to see the dial - I use the R-S virtually all the time except when docking.

--

It should be easy! Those are just like the factory gauges, and like PerfectPass - used to be just a replacement for the factory non-GPS speedo.
Many here installed speakers on that surface, it is at least 3-4" deep, I don't recall when I did it, check out @fraserjr posts on speaker install. But the R-S should fit.
I would not put it there though as you will want to use it all the time, at least I do. I want to see the dial - I use the R-S virtually all the time except when docking.

--

Yeah looks like I’ll go with the separate screen. You definitely say it’s worth the cost?

Yeah looks like I’ll go with the separate screen. You definitely say it’s worth the cost?
No doubt (in my mind) - especially for the twin. It is like the fly-by-wire AND "single lever throttle" mode in E-series, and I think the knob is actually a better interface - especially in rough water. When you get pounded in chop, staying on plane - good luck adjusting throttles by hand...

A cruise control is kind of needed for watersports, not just convenience - holding constant speed makes for more predictable, more enjoyable, and safer experience.
But, I use R-S all the time when riding, not just for water sports - and usually in "RPM" mode ("RPM" for cruising, "GPS speed" for sports). Once you become accustomed to it, it becomes a second nature. I usually just push the throttles all the way up (out of the way) and chnage RPM by turning the knob. Grab/pull the throttles to override the system, if needed.

For longer cruises - it also saves gas - as you can finagle best cruise RPM/speed settings looking at the "trip" screen info for speed/rpm/fuel burn and make small, precise adjustments with the knob - difficult if not impossible with the levers.

--

@Augieol65 The depth of the "external display" is about 1 inch, without the knob. The knob adds another ~0.7". The Ram Mount adds about another minimum 1.8" to the back. So, overall depth with mount but without knob is a minimum 2.8", with knob, about 3.5".

One thing to consider, though, is that these sunlight-viewable LCDs aren't the best for side-angle viewing. It's best to be at a right angle to the LCD for the best visibility.

@Augieol65 The depth of the "external display" is about 1 inch, without the knob. The knob adds another ~0.7". The Ram Mount adds about another minimum 1.8" to the back. So, overall depth with mount but without knob is a minimum 2.8", with knob, about 3.5".

One thing to consider, though, is that these sunlight-viewable LCDs aren't the best for side-angle viewing. It's best to be at a right angle to the LCD for the best visibility.

Thanks for the intel!

Back