• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Right Engine Died

nvuocolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good evening everyone looking for some feedback on an issue I had today. I have a 2023 AR250 with about 10 hours on it. I wasn’t more than 100 yards down the river from my slip and I lost the right engine. Docked up with the left. Checked the clean out plugs and the hatch to make sure it was secured, and it started right up again no more issues the rest of the day. Any ideas on what could have caused it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Had similar happen to me last year, just going off what you said, which is how I described my issue on my 22 252s. Dealer serviced it at 10hr mark, put it in the water got 100yd from the dock and 1 engine stalled and wouldn’t restart. Did as you did and all was well, engines started up we made it nearly across the lake and the same engine died and wouldn’t restart.

After some panic and “checking everything”….I held down the clean out plug hatch switches by hand and it started right up. I put a small towel over the switches and it was fine for the rest of the day and I replaced with a piece of sticky foam (soft 1/8” thick) on the underside of the hatch…still there today and issue hasn't popped up since.

The switch height can be adjusted to I believe…I just didn’t want to accidentally turn a marginal problem real one.

Clean-out kill switch would kill both engines.

The 252 def has some electrical quirks from time to time, and most are resolved by a battery off/on.

I would check to make sure you spark plugs are tight.

Had the same thing happen on my AR250 when I first got it. It was the clean out hatch not being tight enough from factory. Only killed one engine. I fixed the hatch and two years later it has never happened again.

Yes, on most of our 2-engine models, there are 2 kill switches on the clean-out hatch--one for each engine. So you can adjust them separately...

Back