• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rocker Switches

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else had the rocker switch covers just fly off? So far the top cover (horn) just flew off on my last trip( and now gone?) and today the second from the top (ctsy lights) was found laying on the floor when I arrived at the launch.

Looking at the design they appear pretty chicken sh!t. I'm hoping I can just purchase a new chicken sh!t cover and NOT have to pop out and replace the entire switch?

A quick search of the interweb for yamaha jetboat rocker switches pulled up a ton of posts from the water ski boat model crowd on older switches. Most spoke of countor model switches. Anyone know what kind or brand switches come on the FSH? I'm hoping my friendly neighborhood stealership or worst marine will have them for less than $100 but I wont hold my breath.

Anyone else have a case of missing rocket switch covers? Or am I just the lucky one?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No problem with any switches, but we had to replace the tail lights on the trailer already.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My switches have been fine but right tail light already out. When I launch I always disconnect trailer lights so don't know why one is out already.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't get me started on the lights! Had the right light go out 2 weeks ago. Thought it was strange because I'd never seen LED light die like that. Imagine my surprise to find a blown 1157 bulb in there? One of my first requirements to the dealer was an aluminum trailer with LED lights. Yet another lie by my stealership.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our right light went out a couple months ago, it had got water in it. I cleaned and tried to reseal it. Got one or two trips before it went out again. Switched to LED.

Steve Carter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right now my switches are still good. I'll keep an eye on them. My trailer's right light has went out twice. After the bulb went out the second time I replace them with LED's.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I took delivery of my boat yesterday. Dealer brought it to me. Boat arrived at my house with the accessory rocker switch missing.
This is a bad start... have other issues too. What did your dealer do? Warranty?

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All of mine flew off while trailering too. I go to the stealership next Saturday. I'll let you know what mine says about it. After looking at the Courtesy Light that was found on the floor, I'm surprised there are any still left. Very flimsy and crappy design.

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've already lost the bilge switch cover. Didn't even bother to ask about warranty. It was $15 at my local dealer.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't see how they could just fly off? I wonder if trailer vibration has anything to do with the switches coming apart?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I don't see how they could just fly off? I wonder if trailer vibration has anything to do with the switches coming apart?
I agree, I couldn't pull that cover off if I tried. Weird...