• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rocky Fork Lake

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here in Cincinnati (Milford) we have the river, Brookville, and Eastfork. And apparently Rocky Fork Lake.
The river is OK, East Fork has had an algae problem pretty consistently for about the last 3 years. I called up there on Friday June 10th and the lady told us there is no active record yet, they just collected a sample and sent it out. She said you could see it on the water.
Now today we ventured out to Rocky Fork Lake. I must say, it was only 45 min drive and the lake was pretty nice. (For an Ohio lake)
Looks like they have slips you can rent for overnight or maybe even the season.
I also noticed 3 Yamaha boats out there. Just curious of there thoughts of this lake.
This is now our go to lake for same day boating trips. (Lake Cumberland Ky will always be our weekend getaway)

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Always thought rocky fork was nice but also small, better if you want to fish

Always preferred the Ohio river... Up stream from Ripley

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
New to boating...located in Union township in west Clermont county. Curious about Rocky Fork Lake. Looking for day trips. Got to justify to the wife why we bought a boat. Not interested in east fork even though its closest. Help a fellow new boater out. What ramps to use? How about Brookville? Just want options to take boat out. Thanks in advance!

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I have always enjoyed the Ohio river. We would camp at white oak campground (I think that's the name) which is just up,river from Higgensport. That body of water was always much cleaner vs the Cincy pool... A 30 or so minute ride up river there are some islands that wer fun to hang out at, use to be rope swings and a small beach.

Brookville - never been in the lake but it's good size, always heard great things about it.

Ceasar's creek is small... Very very very busy on weekends

Rocky fork I remember also being small....

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm near Lebanon so when I can't make it down to Norris Lake I go to Ceasars Creek out of conveniences once in around 25 minutes away. This year they opened a marina so you can now get gas on the water. I agree, it can get ridiculous busy on the weekends. During the week it is not bad at all. Some evenings it even feels like you have the lake to yourself.

I recommend you avoid the north pool boat ramp as it seems to be the busiest and can get rough. I use Wellman Meadows ramp. Easy in and out. It's also more protected by a decent no wake area.

Ceasars Creek is a little bigger than East Fork and Rocky Fork. I really don't know much about either but am looking for advice on either as I would like to explore. Brookville is about twice as big as Ceasars Creek. I've have been there a few times over the years and it's not bad. Don't remember where we launched from other than we had to pay to do so.

@Bedlamfirm congrats on your new AR192. I just got a SX192. Had props and jet skis before. We are relatively close. If you ever need any help don't hesitate to look me up.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Planning on getting out this weekend. Likely Saturday to Ceasar Creek. Any pointers? @REM835 ...best times to go? Any fees? Thanks in advance!

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For Caesar Creek, Ive been to Wellman before(free I think) and didn't have any issues but I typically use the campground ramp. That one is $3 to launch, easy, and typically doesn't a have line to get in/out. Also, id recommend checking out the swim cove near the campground ramp as you'll find it won't take long to take a lap around the whole lake.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
No fees from any of the main ramps. Not sure about campground but heard it is very shallow from one of the ODNR officers. Do not recommend Furnace Shores ramp unless you have 4 wheel drive. It's step and last Saturday a guy completely submerged his Ford F-150 with he boat still attached. I wanted to get pictures but I felt horrible for the poor guy. Be prepared for it to be busy being Saturday. I was out this past Sunday and it was pretty rough until most left early evening. I was in and out at Wellman Meadows in about 15 minutes. Would have been quicker but a guy decided to block the dock after launching so he could organize his boat. Be aware alcohol is not permitted on State property and the ODNR guys have been hawks cracking down on it. I imagine I will be back out on the water again Sunday or Monday. If you run into problems or have anything specific, shoot me a PM. I will be up that way Saturday after 4pm.

Tlewellyn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We boat mostly at Brookville because we have a place in a campground. Weekends can get busy but during the week it's glass. We live about an hour away so it's actually farther than Caesar's and East Fork from us. Indiana does require a lake permit that is good for all lakes in the state. I think it's $35 for the year.

Kents harbor and Fairfield marina have slips and fuel. I trailer and put in at bonwell (4 lanes) or eygpt hollow (1 lane) ramps.