• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Rod connected to the bucket 2013 AR240

Stif1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2013 AR240, bent the rod that connects to the bucket on the starboard side. Can someone explain how that rod connects inside the boat and what the part # is? I don’t want to unscrew the nut at the hull without knowing what I am doing. See attached photos. IMG_1793.jpegIMG_5848.jpeg

Bucket control cable. It’s one long cable that goes from your throttle to the bucket there. You have to order the entire cable. Make sure you get the correct cable.

FAQ section is a good place to visit for common repairs like this.

Control cable replacement

Above isn’t the exact same boat as yours but same process on changing the cable out.

Bucket control cable. It’s one long cable that goes from your throttle to the bucket there. You have to order the entire cable. Make sure you get the correct cable.
Thank You, that is what I was afraid of. I’m going to try and straighten the end with a little heat and plyer’s before going the whole new cable route.

FAQ section is a good place to visit for common repairs like this.

Control cable replacement

Above isn’t the exact same boat as yours but same process on changing the cable out.
Thank You for the information, I was afraid it was one long cable from the throttle controls but I hoped it was just connect near that thru hull nut but thought it would not be that easy. Hopefully I can straighten the end with a little heat and plyers and avoid the full cable change.

For what it’s worth, it isn’t very hard to change yourself, took me about 45ish min to replace both of mine! Just have to make sure you tape the new cable to the old cable well so you can feed it through the boat while you pull the old cable out!

Back