• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ropeless behind my sx190

@ACRDSPORT14
I think you read his numbers wrong
1 x 800 lbs
2 x 400 lbs
1 x 750 lbs
2 x 550 lbs
= 3,450 lbs

not 800 + 2400 + 750 + 2550 = 6,500 lbs

or you could have thought it was a 750 gal fat sac, sorry i didn't see your post on the next page,
that would only be 13 1/2 55 gallon drums for a visual

Lol to much math !!!!

lol, i thought it was 750 gallons for some reason.... :(

Isn't 3450 lbs still too much especially if you have anyone in the boat?

Isn't 3450 lbs still too much especially if you have anyone in the boat?

Mark and I went out by ourselves...so just driver in boat. As to the question too much.....yes and no.....:p

awesome, i was wondering what would be good beginner board , i'm 170 5'10"

this thread went 2 different directions. 3000+ lbs on jcyamahariders 230 and 750lbs on my sx190

Lol yeah sorry about that.....

Back to the topic at hand awesome surf wave behind Sx190 with 3 people in boat and a 750 pound fat sac on the seat......a good beginner board, inland surfer tako.

A few others, hyperlite landlocked and liquid force fish

I finally got out and used a friend's wake surf board, got up 2nd time, and every time after that. I"m hooked now. Your thread inspired me to try it out. Much easier on your body then wake boarding. I don't have a ballast yet to try rope less. Big thanks for starting this thread.

I'm kinda bummed, my 242 LS with 1500# of people in it makes what I thought to be a nice big wake.. but no matter what I can't go ropeless. I guess our hull design makes it not a good option for wakesurfing? How much different could it be from a 190 other then the obvious of being shorter... and one engine. .. OK so it's a lot different:)

A few others, hyperlite landlocked and liquid force fish

I'm 220 lbs and using a fish 5'6" as a beginner board. And in hopes of getting me to go ropeless ... even took all the fins off in hopes of reducing drag. Talk about a lose backend..but it's a lot of fun! If it weren't for that stupid rope.

Last edited:
I'm kinda bummed, my 242 LS with 1500# of people in it makes what I thought to be a nice big wake.. but no matter what I can't go ropeless. I guess our hull design makes it not a good option for wakesurfing? How much different could it be from a 190 other then the obvious of being shorter... and one engine. .. OK so it's a lot different:)

The 190 is a single engine in the center putting the jet wash away from where you are surfing at. Your 242 has an engine putting jet wash right where you are surfing at. It makes it a little difficult. These hulls are fine for surfing.

@Yamaha242lsdallas are you trying to surf in a straightline or in a circle?

1500 pounds in a 24 ft boat really isnt that much ballast and ballast placement has a lot to do with the wave also. With people weight i would put them all in the back of the boat on the surf side. No one up front.

On the fish you might have to stand closer to the nose of the board to get some push. I rode buck bucks liquid force venture and i had as much nose weight on it that i could put on it to go ropeless.

Back