• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ropeless behind my sx190

Not really relevant...but we were out in my friend's brand new surf gate equipped Axis T22 with 4,000 lbs of ballast on board + 4 200 pound guys yesterday. It was fanfreakingtastic! Ropeless anywhere from 1 foot to 15 feet back was no problem at all! His boat has a 330 hp engine and it took full throttle to run surfing speed at 10.7 mph. Pretty sure my 210 wouldn't be able to push that much weight through the water!

Not really relevant...but we were out in my friend's brand new surf gate equipped Axis T22 with 4,000 lbs of ballast on board + 4 200 pound guys yesterday. It was fanfreakingtastic! Ropeless anywhere from 1 foot to 15 feet back was no problem at all! His boat has a 330 hp engine and it took full throttle to run surfing speed at 10.7 mph. Pretty sure my 210 wouldn't be able to push that much weight through the water!

man, thats awesome. my wife even asked me tonight if she could try next time.

I've been wondering about the single engine 190 models and surfing. I didn't think they would have enough power to push the boat once properly weighted. But with only one 750# sac you were able to go ropeless? That's pretty amazing. Do you think you could have added more weight and the motor would have been able to handle it ok?

I've been wondering about the single engine 190 models and surfing. I didn't think they would have enough power to push the boat once properly weighted. But with only one 750# sac you were able to go ropeless? That's pretty amazing. Do you think you could have added more weight and the motor would have been able to handle it ok?

Nope, that was the limit.

@jaybro72 I am a little late on this but you have done what I plan to do this season. I do have a question, I looked and measured under the pass side rear seat, if I relocate the battery back into the cubby beside the engine I could fit the 750 in there. Have you played with locating the sack on just the side or does it work best in the corner like you have in your photo?

@Englewoodcowboy, Jay does not surf. We just tried that on his boat to see if we could do it. Mission accomplished!!

@jcyamaharider thanks for pointing that out. I am desperate for warmer weather to get here and want to be able to surf behind my boat. Assuming you were onboard, how did it do pulling the surfer up? I see where you said that 750 was the limit, mine being a 192 and having a little more power do you think it would do any better since it is all low speed? CFD3Captain has ordered twin 400's for his and I am anxious to see how it works out, I think I will follow his lead I just ultimately would prefer to one day plumb the system in rather than have it on the seats but if that is not possible then I will deal with what is. Any insight you can share would be greatly appreciated.

I was the one behind the boat in the first pic of this thread. Being a SX we had the rope lower so it was harder for me to get out of the water but I think that was myself and not the boat. With a tower and the extra ponies that you have I don't see an issue at all.

400 pound bags is all I have plumbed on the side of my boat and it uses every bit of room there when filled. I would think it would be hard to stuff a 750 bag where you would want to but don't quote me on it. If there is a will there is always a way.

ballastbag4.jpg

@jcyamaharider I really appreciate the pics! I have measured and it will fit (going from memory here as it was months ago I measured and now the boat is covered for storage) if I move the battery back into the cubby. I have looked at different battery boxes etc. and found one that I can make work that will still be easy to remove for service etc. and was going to play with that. I just got off the phone with Wagemakers and he recommends the 750 for surfing and said he has customers that have dropped the same 750 in the ski locker with a couple people in the back seats with excellent results for wake boarding which is something I would eventually like to move to. So in the effort to limit expenses until ,my Bronco is done I am going to pull the trigger on the 750 in the next few weeks since I am still a few months from lake weather.

Last edited:
Back