• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RPM high speed fluctuation SR230 2003

Anders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
My SR230 2003 255 hours MR1 port engine dont get full rpm, ECU?

Cylinder #2 spark plug gets ”black”, and have been fluctuating before, now it is more steady bad. The oil level is a bit high, in both engines, so I dont think that is the problem. The oil looks good, only pure oil and no smell of gas. I have own it since 2005.

I have:
1) changed all the spark plugs, no change
2) removed airfilter (some oilsplash on it), no change
3) checked compression on all cylinder and they are good (12,5, 12,0, 12,0, 12,5 kg/cm3)
4) analyzed and cleaned all injectors, less then 2% diffrence before and after, switched place, no change
5) live tested injectors on the rail not bolted to the engine (as @Beachbummer suggest in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/mr1-ecu-or-injector-or-something-else.27700/) and the spray looks good, (see pics, couldnt upload movies due to wrong file extension and have only iPhone)
6) short test up on land and the rpm is okay
7) checked the impeller housing and no visibel diffrence between the two (see pictures)

If the live test looks good, can it still be ECU problem? I havent yet switched between starboard and port engines and not sure how to do it, but perhaps it is self-explanatory when open up the box?

Or could it be bad oil ventilation that @WREKS writing in thread Bad ECU | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!

Happy for any advice that can solve the problem!

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would try switching the ECU's just to just verify that they are or aren't the issue.

Anders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Found Carmo in Nederlands, unfortunately on holiday until 15:th August, but they seems to be recommended by many in this forum 😄👍🏻

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am glad you isolated the issue and hope you can get it repaired soon.

yu177536

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Get YDS and run diag active test to drop each cylinder if all performance well then ok, but if one cylinder drop (not going thru the test) then need to change spark plug (but you said spark plug new) then test ignition to see the plug give the spark. Possible low perf RPM is one of cylinder doesn't burn the fuel and make gas into the oil that is why you might see the oil level high doesn't matter you take it off.

Anders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Get YDS and run diag active test to drop each cylinder if all performance well then ok, but if one cylinder drop (not going thru the test) then need to change spark plug (but you said spark plug new) then test ignition to see the plug give the spark. Possible low perf RPM is one of cylinder doesn't burn the fuel and make gas into the oil that is why you might see the oil level high doesn't matter you take it off.
Thanks for your answer yu177536, it was the ECU, the workshop (Carmo) testet it and confirmed the problem, now they have repaired the ECU so problem solved ✊🏻😊