• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RPMs dropping

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ended up being the clutch gear... looks like 600$ or
So in parts with 6 hours of labor... ugh

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
On a positive note looks like Yamaha is gonna cover the parts, I’m on the hook for labor...

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Jgriffy @D3nN1s How did you guys diagnosed the clutch issue?

Last Sunday I couldn't get above 7000rpm, then gradually not above 6300 rpm.

Last edited:

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
While operating I wasn't able to get over 5500 RPM, felt like the supercharger wasn't kicking in... That only lasted for a little bit, then it started misfiring while I was limping it back to the trailer. The Dealer first thought I might have just fouled a plug, but when they water tested it was doing the same thing. What lead them to the clutch was that it supercharger wasn't spinning in either direction? Still waiting to get the boat back and speak to them in person...

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks @D3nN1s for your comment. I could get over 6000rpm, but it gradually came down from 6800-7000rpm to 6300rpm in the last half hour. I'm going to change the plugs and air filter (that thing is expensive) and lake test it...

rozgen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check the connector pictured. It is on the starboard side of the engine. That was the source of my problem.

View attachment 131371
Hi,
Do you have more clear pictures, zoom out please.
I am having same issue but I couldn’t find that connection on my boats engine.
Thank you

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
On a positive note looks like Yamaha is gonna cover the parts, I’m on the hook for labor...
Make sure to get a blow off valve after you replace your clutch. Best $250 or so you can spend for piece of mind of that never happening again, and you don't have to worry about it! (Plus they look cool and are easy to install...lol)

Attachments

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I second the Blow off Valve. It’s on my winter list along with an oil catch on the PCV system.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
you have the part link?

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I guess it requires you to ditch the factory air filter and go with the cold air intake? Probably going to be my winter project now that the boat is gonna be stored in a garage

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I guess it requires you to ditch the factory air filter and go with the cold air intake? Probably going to be my winter project now that the boat is gonna be stored in a garage
On an 18 or older I know it does, don't think it does on the new ones. That's just a $30 K&N filter, I like how much room it frees up in the bay as well. Just use the search bar and type in SVHO owners and read that thread, it's were they go over the whole process and how I learned about everything

Jharrisok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi,
Do you have more clear pictures, zoom out please.
I am having same issue but I couldn’t find that connection on my boats engine.
Thank you
Sorry, I am just seeing this. Did you get it figured out?