• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rubber window filler gasket is short on one side

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash , if your boat is under warranty, send a pic of the problem to your dealer and have them order you a replacement part. My dealer in TX used to do this for me, which saved me lots of time/gas by not having to take the boat to them. Bring your old part with you when you go pick up the new one.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's like a 2 hour drive to the dealer, so 4 hour round trip. Not sure the gas burned would be worth it if I can find something similar and get it to me through my work. I had originally planned to take my boat in for other warranty related stuff regarding the Bimini top during the winter but that window came and passed.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May not help in this particular case, but as a general recommendation - spraying or soaking all those seals in 303 Aerospace Protectant is a great way of prolonging their life.
I would not use Armor All on anything, particularly rubber - it contains silicone that causes drying and cracking/shrinkage over time.

Just my 0.02

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im not sure how I've missed this over the years but while cleaning the boat today I noticed the starboard side rubber filler gasket that sits below the windshield frame is short on one side. WTF :D. Anyone else? I need to check and see if this piece is available. If so I imagine it's cheaper than the gas I'd burn taking it to the dealer and back not to mention the downtime.

Edit - it's hard to tell but is kit 1 or item 2 the rubber piece? It says eye strap but not sure if this is for the top of the windshield. 2016 Yamaha AR192 (RM1800AR) Helm | Yamaha Sports Plaza

Starboard side is short.

View attachment 69587

View attachment 69588

Port side is fine.

View attachment 69589

View attachment 69590
Dealer told me to come in and cut as much as I want for free.