• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Safety issue with Yamaha boats!

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its also quite possible to shoot a stream of water over a low dock and soak some poor unsuspecting old man who was just minding his own business. :bag:
Correction... TWO streams of water.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember dumping my teenage daughter in the lake in the same way. So of course I calmly backed up closer to her so she could climb back on and proceeded to get some very terse lectures from panicked onlookers who didnt know there is no prop back there. Those looks and lectures happen so often we almost avoid the area as if there was a prop.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Its also quite possible to shoot a stream of water over a low dock and soak some poor unsuspecting old man who was just minding his own business. :bag:
or some butthole in a low riding bass boat that tries to squeeze in between me and the dock while I'm powerloading, don't know how those nozzles got pointed his direction first before going WOT.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
haha, I took out the WHOLE beach once...It was waaaay more water than I expected! Sent everybody in the boat up to the bow to raise up the ass end of the boat.... and just jammed the throttle forward and turned the wheel as I did it. The water swept all the way across the beach.

I wish there was a camera going. :watching:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The bigger worry with our boats...is that they fall backward and hit the dock they just left!

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
there should be a rooster tail setting on the jet thrust nozzle... that would be fun for some :devilhorns: