• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Salt Away Applicator?

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Good morning all,

Ok, so I'm a saltwater guy and spend a lot of time freaked out about what the salt is doing to my investment. I use Salt Terminater. The applicator that came with salt terminater was complete crap! So I got a Chapin International G405 Feeder from Amazon which is much better quality, but I am dubious about how well the Salt Terminater is mixing with the water, the solution doesn't appear to dilute (gushing by color of solution in reservoir). Am I doing something wrong? What are you folks using to flush with Salt Terminater? Am I being too paranoid?

Thanks for the discussion.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just looked up the part you referenced, looks like it can hold up to 32oz. How much solution did you add? I ask because I’ve noticed that with the Salt Off/Salt Away products I’ve used, when I add 2 oz to the mixing canister, it takes ~2 mins of flushing before you can clearly see dilution of the color. Also, from the manufactures specs, it looks like this products flow rate is only 0.4-0.5 gal/min, with what appears to be a fixed dilution ratio. I’m thinking 0.5gal/min is really low for flushing engines. I’ve never used the Salt Terminator brand, so can’t speak to its particular qualities/color.

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Good question, I think I am putting 8-10 ozs in, the Salt Terminater bottle that they sold me with the boat has a reservoir that fills when you tilt the bottle to measure the amount they recommend. I guess my question back to you is, what are you using to apply your anti-salt stuff?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Initially I picked up Salt Off and I use their applicator. Currently I am using Salt Away, as I picked up a gallon.

58FFF7C4-E533-4560-A227-9A7A141D9AD6.png

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have had good luck with the Salt Off mixer; I have been using the same one for nearly 4 years.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use this too, but only fill it half full - run thru one engine then another half full for the second engine.
Am I being too stingy?
I don’t believe so. Here is a link to the flush instructions. “Stop flushing 30 seconds after the Salt-Away foam has appeared. ”

On occasion I will use a full 4 oz in each engine, but have no definitive proof this is superior to what is suggested by the manufacturer. Actually, after regrading their instructions, in the off season, I think I will try the flush and repeat in 24 hrs process. So thanks for your question, as it made me reevaluate my approach!

99A4ED39-36A9-4246-AE8D-AE7613AA5C4C.png

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the instructions. When flushing it just seemed like the product disappeared way too quickly in the mixer compared to their mix dilution instructions. Also kinda expensive, but I don’t want to sacrifice proper protection.
I think my launch area probably helps clean the engines. I launch on a freshwater river (Estero) that flows into the Estero saltwater bay. Returning to port I run 10-15 mins in this brackish then fresh water river, which has to help clean/flush the engines.