• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Salt water owners

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never thought about this until now but curious if anybody ever rinses down your leafs with wd40 after hosing off everything. I have always rinsed my jet pumps and motor with it after every use but now that I've replaced all the hardware on my trailer I was thinking about coating the trailer too

I don't use an oil but I do rinse with salt a way. After launching the boat and parking, I hit the leafs, rotors, calipers and wheels with a small pump sprayer with water and Salt-a-Way. Letting that salt sit and dry for 6-8 hours while I'm boating is no Bueno. After retrieving the boat I head out and wash down the boat and trailer paying extra attention to the brakes and leafs.

My boat is on a lift so I only launch and recover once a year. I take my boat trailer to the car wash and spray it off with the high pressure sprayer after launch. When I recover the boat in the fall I do the same but I cant say its very effective with the boat on there but I can get the leaf springs and axle assembly.

I use salt away to flush the boat and wash it down and I use Boeshield T-9 to coat the pumps and steering linkage. For what its worth the Boeshield T-9 has replaced WD-40 in my life for everything...it's amazing stuff. I started using it on the recommendation of someone on this board. I can't remember their username but the have a South Carolina Game Cock as their avatar.

I do the same as @Murf'n'surf with salt away. I also do the same thing to the back half of my truck since it gets wet too.

Back