• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saw three Yamaha jet boats today

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've boated on Whiskytown Lake near Redding CA for 8 years. I might see another single Yamaha on the lake every third or forth day trip. Today I saw three other boats. One was a new 19', another 24' and the third I didn't identify. Looks like boaters are getting smart and buying Yamaha jet boats.

By the way I'm on the same set of plugs (2006 SX210) for the third year and they are working fine. I've had zero problems with the engines or pumps for the 10 years we've owned the boat.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! Yammys are pretty common here on Lake Lanier

joby1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are a multitude of them hear in North East Florida. The semi private lake I go to there will be 5 or 6 on the weekends.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same experience we had up at Tims Ford a couple weeks back. First time we had taken our boat up there but as soon as we started walking around the Twin Creeks marina I saw Yamaha after Yamah parked in their slips or up on the lifts! We generally only boat down on the Tennessee River and I have only seen two Yamaha's down here but its very surprising to see how many are actually around.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They are common here and see them every time we go out. I can spot the Yamaha profile a long ways out especially from the rear or side.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gotta say, I've seen a ton of Yamaha's on Lake Wallenpaupack this season as well. Granted I've spent more time on the water this season since retiring, but still. 👍

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are only a few Yamaha jet boat dealers here in Northern CA, so I do occasionally see them on the water but it’s still generally rare, maybe once every three or four outings. I’d expect to see more back east since they are manufactured in Venore, TN (I think), just like I see tons of Teslas in my area, 15 miles from the manufacturing plant.

My dealer has already told me I probably never see an FSH or supercharged 192/195 here in CA (Yamaha didn’t get these models certified for sale in CA). I assume true same is true about the new 27 ‘ Yamaha jet boat.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There are only a few Yamaha jet boat dealers here in Northern CA, so I do occasionally see them on the water but it’s still generally rare, maybe once every three or four outings. I’d expect to see more back east since they are manufactured in Venore, TN (I think), just like I see tons of Teslas in my area, 15 miles from the manufacturing plant.

My dealer has already told me I probably never see an FSH or supercharged 192/195 here in CA (Yamaha didn’t get these models certified for sale in CA). I assume true same is true about the new 27 ‘ Yamaha jet boat.
I have one :) Lots of Yamahas here in Southern CA but never seen a 192/195 like mine. There is a pretty major Yamaha dealer in this area. (Berts Mega Mall)

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have one :) Lots of Yamahas here in Southern CA but never seen a 192/195 like mine. There is a pretty major Yamaha dealer in this area. (Berts Mega Mall)

Bert’s is to me what Toys R Us is to my 5 year olds lol, Love that place!! Getting off the lake last Friday night there was a older couple with their newer 19 212x that they brought from Bert’s, they couldnt get up to speed and where frustrated.. once they got it out of the water on the trailer and saw the 200 pounds of weeds they had sucked up they quickly understood why. Their night was ruined, but their weekend saved. I told em to take it home, get up in the morning all that grass will be dry, start ripping it out, clean out the ports and next time it feels a little off, check the clean out plugs.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Things may have changed since I spoke with my dealer, at the time the fsh was just announced and they had an ar 190 on the showroom floor, so years ago. I would t be surprised, Some people may recall this but the 242 Ls was available in ca in 2010 and 2011 but not 2012. It wasn’t available again in Ca until 2013 and only the CA version was available for sale here. The CA versions all have catalytic converters and produce a few less HP.

I’m familiar with Bert’s Mega Mall And hope to visit it one day. I’m my boats second owner, the first lived in S Cal and bought it from Bert’s, small world.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same experience we had up at Tims Ford a couple weeks back. First time we had taken our boat up there but as soon as we started walking around the Twin Creeks marina I saw Yamaha after Yamah parked in their slips or up on the lifts! We generally only boat down on the Tennessee River and I have only seen two Yamaha's down here but its very surprising to see how many are actually around.
Did you happen to see a red and white 2010 AR240? My old boat is now at Tim's Ford!
IMG_20190728_130100.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When I started boating with a Yamaha, you may have seen 1 or 2 on a weekend here in the ICW. Now it's no problem to see 6-10 on any given weekend......and the a few Scarabs and Chapparals.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the reason I always carry spare Jetboaters.net (TM) brand coozies. If I run into a jet boater, they get one and an invite....

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did not but I will certainly be on the look out for that thing!!! Holy Crap Man!!!!
It's not quite as impressive now. Took most of the stereo out before selling.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been seeing more and more of them out in the Delaware River in Southeast PA near Philly as well! Word is getting around plus it helps to have several awesome dealers near by!

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's not quite as impressive now. Took most of the stereo out before selling.
Ahhhh Ok..... I was wondering if you kept the system or sold it with. That's an impressive set up and I bet it could be heard for miles!!!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have only ever seen 1 other 210 FSH on the water, that was in Pensacola pulling up to Flounders for dinner. Beached it right next to a black hulled 2019. Saw a few other Yammies down there in Destin and along the ICW down there. See a ton of AR’s, SX’s, and the like on our Midwest lakes too.

Bunk454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Newbie here!
I was likely one of the Yamaha boats you saw that weekend. Just picked up a 2017 AR195 about a month ago. I can't even begin to say what an awesome upgrade it is from my old Bayliner 175!
I'm from Huntsville originally, but live in the Hazel Green area now. Tim's Ford is a great lake, and that's usually where you'll find me.
FYI, they are having a fireworks show on the water this Saturday evening at Twin Creeks, I'll be camping up there for the holiday weekend, so I'll be on the water all day, every day. Hope to see you out there sometime.